Students aiming to get admission in the prestigious IIT Madras’ five- year integrated Master of Arts programme have to appear for the HSEE entrance exam.Indian Institute of Technology Madras conducts an entrance test “Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination” to enroll students in the five-year integrated Master of Arts(M.A) programme for two streams namely MA (Development Studies) and MA( English Studies) . Students who have passed 12th class and are keen to pursue a career in humanities have a golden opportunity through this course. One of the top universities in India to pursue a five-year integrated course in Humanities, students prepare for the HSEE entrance exam. Every year the number of students aiming to clear HSEE is increasing therefore students need to have a strategy in place to clear the HSEE exam.In 2021, students have to appear for HSEE exam on June 13th, 2021. Students should read the eligibility criteria before filling the forms for HSEE exams.
After graduating from IIT Madras in the field of Humanities, students can work in the Government sector, financial sector, International organizations, etc. Candidates completing MA programme can aspire to have rewarding careers with high financial remunerations. Without wasting any of your precious time read the following article and take the first step towardsyour goal of getting admission in the IIT Madras’ Master of Arts programme.
|HSEE Question Paper 2019
|HSEE Question Paper 2020
An analysis of HSEE 2020 exam:-
- Students should note that HSEE 2020 exam had 144 multiple choice questions in Part 1 of the paper. Total time allocated to attempt Part -1 was 150 minutes (9:00 am to 11:30 am).
- One mark was allotted for a correct answer option and 0.25 was deducted for an incorrect answer choice.
- HSEE 2020 question paper was divided into the following sections namely, English and comprehension skill, Analytical and Quantitative Ability, General Studies (Indian Economy), General Studies (Indian Society and Culture),General Studies(World Affairs) and General Studies (Environmental and Ecology ).
- In the second part of the HSEE Exam 2020, students are expected to write an essay from the given list of topics. The marks allocated to the essay is 30, therefore students need to hone their writing skills too.
- Students can opt for either online mode or offline mode to write the essay.
- Time allocated to complete HSEE Part- II is 30 minutes (11:30 am to 12:00 pm).
Go through the following important tips and strategies to crack the HSEE Exam 2021:
- First and foremost, syllabus for HSEE should be understood in detail. As a HSEE aspirant, you should ask questions like :-
Students should note that going through the previous year question paper will help them to understand the type of the questions, format of the paper, marking scheme, etc.
Time management and a strategy is equally important to score well in the HSEE exam.
It is important that students understand the corelation between attempt and accuracy.
As there is negative marking, therefore students should not do guess work and be confident about their answer choices.
It is recommended that students read the newspapers regularly and remain updated with national and international news stories.
To increase your grasp on current affairs, one must listen to debates and discussions on news channels.
Having a perspective on important topics will enable students to express their views in the essay writing section. This can be only possible through extensive reading.
Students preparing to score well in the essay writing section should develop a habit of noting down key points of debatable topics and news stories.
Practicing Mock tests and sample papers will help students to understand the pattern of the exam.
- How many topics are to be covered?
- How much time is required to cover the whole syllabus?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses as regards to each subject area?
- What is my current schedule and how much time can I devote for HSEE preparation?
- Do I need coaching?
- Do I have the required study material?
To boost your preparation, you can download the previous year question papers and understand the pattern thoroughly.