Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam or HSEE 2021 is the entrance test conducted by IIT Madras for admissions to the five-year integrated masters programmes. HSEE 2021 is the national-level entrance test, which is expected to be conducted on 13 June 2021, for which the registrations will begin from 1 February 2021. IIT Madras conducts this entrance test to evaluate candidates’ skills to admit them to the multi-disciplinary courses.
However, the candidates need to meet the eligibility requires as prescribed by the institute. Before filling the HSEE application, candidates must check their eligibility to be eligible for the further admission process. The institute has provided eligibility criteria in detail, which explains its requirements and based on what the candidate will be given admission to the chosen courses.
Let us now have a look at the HSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
HSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
HSEE 2021 – Academic Qualification
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any education board including State Boards, CBSE and ICSE, which are recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Must have passed an Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Board Examination conducted by boards or University recognized by AIU.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
HSEE 2021 – Minimum Marks
- Candidates belonging to the General, GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL category must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
HSEE 2021 – Age Requirements
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1996 are eligible for HSEE-2021.
- However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std. /12th std.) first Board/ Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic.
- Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
HSEE 2021 Counselling
Selected candidates who will be mentioned in the Merit List will be called for HSEE 2021 counselling, which is obligatory for them to attend. The counselling of HSEE conducted by IIT Madras will include the confirmation of candidate’s documents, eligibility and payment of semester fee. Once the eligibility and documents provided by the candidates are verified, the seat will be allotted to the student. To seek admission at IIT Madras’ Humanities and Social Sciences programmes, it is mandatory for the candidates to provide all the required documents for verification. If the team finds any discrepancies in the documents or fails to provide all documents, then the candidate stands ineligible for admissions to the respective courses.
Below mentioned is the list of documents that the candidate must carry for the counselling session.
Documents Required for HSEE 2021 Counselling
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Rank/Score Card
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- Category Certificates (If applicable)
Candidates seeking admissions to IIT Madras’ five-year integrated courses must meet the eligibility requirements. Candidates, who fail to prove the eligibility, will stand ineligible for admissions as well as their application will be cancelled. However, a candidate’s application can be cancelled at the time of counselling also, so check your eligibility before applying and carry all the required documents at the time counselling.