CLAT is designed to test the aspirants on their knowledge of English, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Quantitative Techniques. The exam has been designed in such a way that it tests all the essential parameters of the students such as knowledge, speed, accuracy, comprehending abilities and interpretational skills. Each and every skill required to become a successful lawyer gets tested in CLAT. In order to ace CLAT, an aspirant must have an in-depth understanding of the CLAT exam pattern to devise a strong strategy for the exam and to be able to attempt all the 5 sections with proficiency and expertise.
The following analysis would give you a clear picture of the CLAT paper pattern and help in your preparation:
|Number of Sections
||English including comprehension; General Knowledge and Current Affairs; Legal Reasoning;Logical Reasoning;Quantitative Techniques
|Total no. of questions
|Marks per question
||Yes (0.25 deducted for a wrong answer)
|Mode of Examination
||English including Comprehension
||General Knowledge and Current Affairs
**Negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer
The most significant change is that there will be no Legal Aptitude Section in CLAT 2020.
There is a major change in the test CLAT test pattern for the next year (2020). Students should expect comprehension based questions from English, Quantitative techniques, Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning.
- Another major change is the reduction in the number of questions.
- In CLAT 2020, students can expect 150 questions and total marks will be 150.
- The CLAT exam will be pen-paper based. No change in the mode of exam, it will be held off-line.
- There is no change in the duration of the exam. The CLAT 2020 will be for 120 minutes.
- The change in the pattern clearly indicates the stress on reading abilities of the CLAT aspirant. Students have to be skilled in inferential reasoning and students with a good reading habit will be in a better position to crack CLAT.
Download these E-books to give an edge to your CLAT Preparation: