CLAT conducted by the Consortium of NLUs is a national-level exam for admission to a five-year integrated program in law. All NLUs except NLU Delhi accept the CLAT score. Aspiring candidates keen to have a career in law attempt CLAT to get admissions to prestigious law universities in India. Consortium announced the dates for CLAT 2023. It is happening for the first time that CLAT 2023 has been preponed. The exam is scheduled for 18 December 2022, for which the registration dates are to be released.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or appearing for the same are eligible to apply for the same. For more information regarding the eligibility requirements of CLAT, you can read it here
. Also, read on to know more about the steps to register for CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023 Online Registration:-
- Application form for CLAT 2023 shall be filled online at www.consortiumofnlu.ac.in, once released.
- The candidates will be required to register themselves by creating a log in account using an email ID or a personal mobile number.
- The candidate needs to fill the form very carefully. The spellings of the student's name and other relevant details have to be filled with due care. The student could be disqualified if there is any alteration found.
- However, candidate must submit their applications on time. Applications shall not be considered after the last date has been passed
- The candidate will be required to fill in his preference order for all participating NLUs at the time of application only. Subsequent changes in the preference order shall not be allowed.
- The candidates will be required to upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at suitable places in the online application form. Any hard copy of the filled-in Online Application form or other supporting documents need not be sent to the CLAT office.
- If the students wish to have the CLAT previous year question papers, they will have to fill the same in the examination form and be charged extra.
CLAT 2023 Application Form:-
The CLAT aspirant has to keep in mind some important points while filling CLAT 2023 application form:-
- Valid Email Id – Students should have an email id that can be used for the registration process for the CLAT exam.
- Personal mobile number – This is extremely important as the login id and password for login will only be sent to the student's mobile number.
- Scanned Images – Students need to scan the photograph along with the signature. The student will have to upload this scanned copies during the CLAT 2023 application process.
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet Details – Candidates will also have to provide the details of Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet details during the application process of CLAT 2023. Therefore, keep the information handy.
- Valid Identity Proof – Students should have documents like a PAN card, Aadhaar card, driving license, passport etc., to furnish details regarding their identity.
- Miscellaneous documents – For instance, students applying for CLAT 2023 under a reserved category should keep a scanned copy of the supporting documents ready to make the process easy and less time-consuming.
CLAT 2023 Application Fee
Mode of Payment
Candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/BPL category
- Firstly, the bank transaction charges have to be borne by the students themselves.
- Secondly, students should be made aware that the Application Fees for the courses mentioned above are non-refundable.
- If students intend to buy previous years' CLAT question papers, then an additional Rs.500/- is to be paid.
CLAT 2023 Admission Procedure
- Admission will be made based on merit cum preference basis, which means that admissions into the participating institutes will be made based on the CLAT score of an aspirant and the preferences made by him/her.
- The CLAT office shall proceed in order of the following steps to admit students after the result has been declared.
- First Indicative List will be published based on merit cum preference. It will be available on the official website.
- A specified number of students belonging to different categories will be allowed to participate in the counselling. The counselling fee will tentatively be Rs. 50,000/- Failing the payment of this fee, the name of the candidates shall be dropped from the merit list.
- Publication of the second list followed by the third list allotting seats to the candidates.
- If the waitlisted candidates wish to withdraw from the process after the payment of the counselling fee, a sum of Rs. 10,000/- (tentatively) shall be deducted. However, this withdrawal must be made within the time fixed for the same, else the entire amount of Rs. 50,000/- shall be forfeited.
Aspirants are advised to visit www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in
for further information relating to CLAT 2023 admissions and counselling.