The Common Law Admission Test or ‘CLAT’ is the main exam for getting admission into any of the 21 National Law Universities. This year, the exam is being organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities. The CLAT entrance will be held on 26th May 2019, and National Law University of Odisha is conducting it.
CLAT 2019: Age Limit
Earlier the age criteria for appearing in CLAT were:
- Twenty (20) years of age as on 1st July, 2019 for candidates belonging to unreserved categories.
- Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1st July, 2019 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Specially-abled Persons/Persons with disabilities (SAP/PWD) categories.
CLAT 2019 Core Committee will be continuing with the same age limit till the same is reviewed by the Honourable Supreme Court of India.
However, as per the revised standards, there will be no upper age limit for UG Program in CLAT 2019.
CLAT 2019: Eligibility for Undergraduate Programs
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or an equivalent exam with the following percentage:
- 45% marks for candidates belonging to the General/OBC/Specially-abled Persons (SAP) category.
- 40% marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category.
- Any candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2 in the months of April/May 2019 can also appear for this examination. However, they should be able to produce sufficient evidence to prove that they have passed 10+2 at the time of admission.
CLAT 2019: Eligibility for Postgraduate Programs
LL.B. or equivalent degree in law examination with a minimum of 55% marks in case of General/OBC/SAP categories and 50% marks in case of SC/ST category.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March 2019 will also be eligible for appearing in the CLAT-2019 examination. However, they will be required to produce evidence of their having passed the qualifying examination at the allotted National Law Universities at the time of admission.