The Common Law Admission Test or ‘CLAT’ is the main exam for admission to any 22 National Law Universities. The CLAT 2022 exam dates and other important dates or information will be released in the admission notification released by the exam conducting authority. Students should visit the official website for more information on CLAT 2022 exam. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level test conducted by various NLUs on a rotational basis. In 2021, with the outbreak of COVID-19, the CLAT exam got delayed.
Before filling the forms for CLAT 2022, students should read the following article to understand the eligibility criteria for undergraduate programs.
CLAT 2022: Age Limit
Earlier the age criteria for appearing in CLAT were:
- Twenty (20) years of age as of 1 July 2022 for candidates belonging to unreserved categories.
- Twenty-Two (22) years of age as of 1 July 2022 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Specially-abled Persons/Persons with disabilities (SAP/PWD) categories.
CLAT 2022 Core Committee will be continuing with the same age limit until the Honorable Supreme Court of India reviews the same.
However, as per the revised standards, there will be no upper age limit for UG Program in CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022: Eligibility for Undergraduate Programs
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam with the following percentage:
- 45% marks for candidates belonging to the General/OBC/Specially-abled Persons (SAP) category.
- 40% marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category.
- Any candidate appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2 can also appear for this examination. However, they should be able to produce sufficient evidence to prove that they have passed 10+2 at the time of admission.
CLAT 2022: Eligibility for Postgraduate Programs
- LL.B. or equivalent degree in law examination with a minimum of 50% marks in General/OBC/SAP categories and 50% marks in case of SC/ST category.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March 2022 will also be eligible for appearing in the CLAT 2022 examination. However, they will be required to produce evidence of their having passed the qualifying examination at the allotted National Law Universities at the time of admission.
CLAT 2022: Application Form
The Consortium of NLUs will announce the exam date after the release of the admission notification. However, the exam authority will first release the admission notification marking the start of the registration for the exam. Candidates can fill in the form online until the date mentioned. For more help in filling the application form, candidates can follow the guidelines below.
- Candidates will have to register and create a CLAT login to access CLAT Application Form. To register, candidates will have to provide their details like –name, email id, contact number, and password.
- Once the candidate has registered, they can now move ahead to fill in their CLAT Application Form. They have to upload their passport size photograph, signature, personal information, communication details, and educational qualifications.
- Then select the NLUs based on your preference and three exam centres that you prefer.
- If applicable, candidate must provide their reservation details and then submit your CLAT Application Form.
- After submitting the CLAT Application Form, you can make payment online via Credit/ debit/ UPI or Net Banking and submit the registration fees as mentioned below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO/OCI category
Following the above, candidates can fill in their applications keeping in mind the eligibility requirements. However, every candidate needs to be thorough with the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. Ensure that you have entered all the details correctly, as you will not get another chance to edit your application form.