Students aspiring to pursue higher studies in Humanities and Social Sciences should prepare for HSEE exam.Students in their 12th standard start preparing for the HSEE exam and devote almost 7-8 months for the exam preparation. The HSEE exam is conducted byDepartment of Humanities and Social Scienceat IIT Madras to enroll students in the Master of Arts programme. HSEE is a national level entrance exam conducted in the month of May/June.
Catering to the need of thousands of students who wish to pursue a course in Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Madras introduced a five-year integrated Master of Arts programme. There are two streams offered in the integrated programme, namely, Integrated M.A in Development Studies and Integrated M.A in English Studies. The total number of seats sanctioned for the five-year integrated programme is only 58 therefore, there is stiff competition to secure a place in the coveted IIT Madras’ M.A. programme. Students should be aware that after the HSEE entrance exam, a personal interview is conducted and past academic records are also considered for the compilation of the final merit list.
Candidates aiming to appear for HSEE Exam should start their preparation early to get an edge over others. There are two main reasons why HSEE aspirant should start preparing for the HSEE exam:
- To give due time for covering each section of the HSEE Exam.
- To balance class 12th board exam preparation as it will require a different study approach.
Note: HSEE has multiple-choice questions whereas in board exams students have to write detailed answers. The strategy to manage both the exams will be different.
Why one should go for HSEE preparation books?
- HSEE preparation books will provide a detailed syllabus for each section.
- Best HSEE preparation books are compiled after a lot of research therefore students will have updated information.
- Top HSEE preparation books are compiled by famous authors who are a part of the coaching industry and have immense experience as regards to various competitive exams,test patterns, question types etc.
- Students will come across various question types, format of the paper etc. which will help them prepare accordingly.
- HSEE preparation books will help you to gain conceptual knowledge of each subject area that appear in the HSEE Exam.
The following article sheds light on important books for preparation of HSEE exam.
English and comprehension skill section: Read the following books.
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Wren and Martin High School Grammar
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe and Showick Thorpe
Analytical and Quantitative Ability
- NCERT course books for 8th, 9th and 10th standard.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Course in Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude by Edgar Thorpe
- Modern History by Bipin Chandra
- Manorama Year Book
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Competition Success Review
- Lucent’s GK
- The Economist
- The Hindu
- NCERT Course books of class 11th and 12th (Humanities stream)
How HSEE preparation can be boosted?
Read the following key points to enhance your HSSE exam preparation.
- A step-by-step approach will help you to focus on individual topics.
- An analysis of your strengths and weaknesses is a must to enhance your HSEE preparation.
- One can also opt for coaching to get over the problems faced during your preparation. Seeking guidance from experienced subject trainers will definitely help students during their HSEE preparation journey.
- Practicing HSEE mock tests and assessment of performance will give you a clear picture.
- Students need to address the problem areas and take corrective measures.
- HSEE preparation has to be done with full dedication and persistence.
- Time management is crucial and a structured approach will boost your preparation.
We hope that the above information will help you understand the importance of HSEE preparation books.