Delhi University Joint Admission Test, popularly known as DU-JAT is a national level aptitude test conducted for admission into several prestigious colleges under DU offering Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), B.A (Hons) Business Economics and BBA (FIA) programmes.
The entrance test is conducted once every year in the month of June. Over 22,000 candidates appear for this 2-hour online examination. The test consists of 100 questions from 4 different areas.
|DU-JAT 2019 Notification||15th May, 2019|
|Online applications start||15th May, 2019|
|Last date to submit online application||10th June, 2019|
|Download admit card from||15th June, 2019|
|Exam Date- JAT (two shifts)||20th June, 2019 (08:00 am- 10:00 am morning & 12:00 noon- 02:00 pm afternoon)|
|Declaration of result/shortlist||5th July, 2019|
|GD/PI Counseling||Second week of July 2019|
|Commencement of term||Third week of July 2019|
DU JAT Syllabus
The DU JAT syllabus encompasses majorly four sections, Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English, and Business and General Awareness. You can familiarize yourself with the DU JAT syllabus given below covered under each broad section.Quantitative Ability
The basic question of inferential and visual reasoning, Mathematical Series, Set of questions from DI covering topics of pie chart graphs, Quadrilaterals, Time and Work, Number system, Square roots, Average, Fractions and decimals, Profit and Loss, Discount, Ratio and Proportion.Reasoning and Analytical Ability
Verbal reasoning and verbal analogy, Coding and decoding, Letter series Classification, Number Series, Time sequence, Missing characters, Diagram, Word sequence, Ranking, Direction and distance, Alphabets, Analogy, Syllogism, Terms, and PrepositionsGeneral English
Identification of Common errors, Comprehension at paragraph and sentence levels, Fill in the blanks, Synonyms, and Antonyms, Grammar and usage, One-word substitution, Pairing of words, Vocabulary-word formation.General Awareness
General history, Geography, Science, Politics, Economics, Computers Current affairs
- The candidates should have passed senior secondary/+2 from CBSE/ICSE or any other equivalent board recognized by the University of Delhi.
- Candidates, who have appeared in their final term examination and are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 60% for general category, 50% for SC/ST category and 54% for CW/PWD category in the qualification examination.
**Kindly check the official website of DU-JAT and the respective colleges for additional eligibility criteria if any as the DU JAT eligibility criteria may vary for each college.
Registration and Application Process:
- Register online with your email id on the official DU-JAT website. Remember and note down your registration ID and password.
- Fill in the online form with your contact, personal and educational details.
- You will also need a scanned copy of your passport size photograph and scanned copy of your signature that you would need to upload on the form.
- You can make the payment online using Debit/ Credit card or Net banking.
- Save or print a copy of the submitted form and acknowledgement slip of the application fee payment.
- Based on their performance in DU-JAT, for BMA and BBA (FIA) programs, candidates are shortlisted for the next round of evaluation i.e. Group Discussion- Personal Interview (GD-PI).
- Students for B.A (Hons) Business Economics are called directly for counseling.
- Post the selection process, a comprehensive list of candidates is released for final admission by end of July.