With the +2 exams finishing, all the students are gearing up for the next round i.e. the national level competitive examinations, which facilitate admission into various undergraduate level courses. One such prestigious national level exam is the Delhi University- Joint Admission Test (DU-JAT). Delhi University officially announces the pattern a few weeks before conducting the exam.
The exam is usually conducted around the 3rd week of June, and the results are released early July. The exam is conducted for admission into BMS, BBA (FIA) and B.A. (Hons) Business Economics courses in colleges under DU. Over 22,000 students compete nationally for about 991 seats.
It is essential to develop a concrete strategy and understand the paper pattern well to maximize your scores in DU-JAT. The following table would give you a clear picture of the DU-JAT paper pattern:
|Number of Sections||4|
|Sections||Quantitative Ability, Reasoning & Analytical Ability, General English, and General Awareness.|
|Number of questions||120 (30 per section)|
|Duration of the test||2 hours (120 mins)|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for correct answer|
-1 for incorrect answer
0 for un-attempted question
Some important take aways for the DU-JAT preparation are:
- All the sections need equal importance as they all carry equal weightage of questions and marks.
- Keep a tab on time as it is a speed intensive paper carrying 120 questions to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- The level of difficulty is moderate. Hence, regular practice of Mock Tests is essential for scoring well in all the sections.
- Questions on Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading dominate the Verbal section. Practice these topics well.
- Strong conceptual base in Number System, Probability, Algebra, Arrangements and DI with good application orientation is the key to crack Quantitative Ability and Reasoning & Analytical Ability section.
- Keep yourself updated with both current and static GK. Preparing current events for the past six months- a year is essential.
- Striking a right balance between speed and accuracy is the key to do well in DU-JAT.