With the +2 exams finishing, all the students are gearing up for the next round i.e. the national level competitive examinations, which facilitate admission into various undergraduate level courses. One such prestigious national level exam is the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET), formerly known as DU JAT. Delhi University officially announces the DU-JAT 2021 exam pattern a few weeks before conducting the exam.
DUET 2021 will be held from 26 September to 1 October, 2021. Its registrations have begun and will last until 31 August 2021. The exam is conducted for admission into BMS, BBA (FIA) and B.A. (Hons) Business Economics courses in colleges under DU.
It is essential to develop a concrete strategy and understand the DU-JAT exam pattern well to maximize your scores in DU-JAT. The following table would give you a clear picture of the DU-JAT paper pattern:
|Number of Sections
||Quantitative Ability, Reasoning & Analytical Ability, General English, Business and General Awareness.
|Number of questions
||100 (25 per section)
|Duration of the test
||2 hours (120 mins)
||+4 for correct answer
-1 for incorrect answer
0 for un-attempted question
Some important takeaways for the DU-JAT preparation are:
- All the sections need equal importance as they all carry equal weightage of questions and marks.
- Keep a tab on time as it is a speed intensive paper carrying 100 questions to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- The level of difficulty is moderate. Hence, regular practice of Mock Tests is essential for scoring well in all the sections.
- Questions on Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading dominate the Verbal section. Practice these topics well.
- Strong conceptual base in Number System, Probability, Algebra, Arrangements and DI with good application orientation is the key to crack Quantitative Ability and Reasoning & Analytical Ability section.
- Keep yourself updated with both current and static GK. Preparing current events for the past six months- a year is essential.
- Striking a right balance between speed and accuracy is the key to do well in DU-JAT.