Symbiosis Law School Pune and Noida and Hyderabad are prestigious law schools in the country. SET-Law is conducted once a year, on the second Saturday of May, for admissions to the undergraduate course BA LLB/BBA LLB of these institutes. The Symbiosis International University will be releasing the result for SET-Law 2017 by the third week of May 2017. After the student clears the cut offs, the next step of admissions is the WAT and PI round. This article will give you tips to clear this round.
Essay Writing Tips for SLS
An essay is a written composition where you express your views, thoughts, and ideas on a particular topic and support it with facts, statements and explanations. You need to demonstrate that you possess the required knowledge quotient along with the proper blend of analytical thinking for the question asked. Through your writing style, the examiner checks your clarity of thought, knowledge of the topic, written communication skills, etc.
The topics asked in the Essay Writing section are generally related to current affairs and some topics related to the field of Law. It is very important to be in touch with current affairs so that you have relevant content to write in the WAT. Some of the topics that can be asked in the WAT round of SET-Law are:
- Criminal Defamation Law is against right to freedom of speech.
- Can RTI eradicate Corruption?
- Indian Judicial System: from here to where
- Article 370 should be done away with?
SET Interview Round
The purpose of the interview round is to check whether you are suitable for a career in Law or not. The questions would generally be related to self awareness and clarity of thought.
If you wish to ace through your SET interview, you need to keep the following points in mind:
- Be prepared for questions like: why do you want to join Symbioisis University? , What are your strengths and weaknesses? , Why have you chosen this career path for yourself? , Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Know about your field as you will be asked questions about Law and terms related to the field.
- Know what is happening around you. It is important to stay updated with current affairs, especially the ones related to your field.
- Know your academics; it will be beneficial for you to brush up the subjects you had taken up in class XI and XII. You may be asked generic questions or specific questions from your favourite subject.