Ever year Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) conducts NPAT (NMIMS Programs After Twelfth) for admission of the students to the Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs. The programs are offered by constituent schools of NMIMS at Navi Mumbai, Shirpur, & Bengaluru and Indore Campuses. The institute advances Undergraduate degree programs like BBA, B.Com ( Hons.), B.Sc ( Eco) and B. Sc. ( Fin.). Here, in this article, we share useful insights about NPAT Exam Pattern.
NPAT-BBA is a national level online test and it was held on two consecutive dates, Second week of May 2020. For this, the application process was in progress till First week of May, 2020. The exam was held in 49 cities at multiple centres.
NPAT exam pattern aims at shortlisting aspirants who have the ability and can combine the traits of accuracy and speed while taking the exam. To ace NPAT and score well, you need to understand the exam pattern and attempt all the three sections with proficiency. The knowledge of the paper pattern will help you to devise a concrete strategy to get through the test in one go.
NPAT Exam Pattern
Number of Questions: In paper 1, a total of 120 questions will be asked. Each part has a total of 40 questions. In paper 2, total of 60 questions will be asked. Each part will have 20 questions. There will be 3 parts in both the question papers.
Type of Questions: Only objective type questions will be asked in the entrance test.
Language: Medium of question paper will be English.
Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours for Paper 1 & 1 ½ hours for Paper 2.
Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted in case of marking the wrong answer
NPAT exam will be conducted in two shifts over two days. Two papers will be conducted across the two shifts:
Paper 1 (common for all test takers)
Paper 2 (B.Des. applicants will have to attempt this paper in addition to Paper 1)
PAPER 1 DETAILS
||No. of Questions
||Time (in minutes)
||Quantitative and Numerical Ability
||Reasoning and General Intelligence
||Proficiency in English Language
PAPER 2 DETAILS (for B.Des. applicants only)
||No. of Questions
||Time in Minutes
||Spatial Ability & Visualization Skills
||Observation & Problem Solving
||General Awareness & Design Sensibility
The important pointers are:
- The test will contain only objective type questions.
- The difficulty level and the type of the exam will be similar to the SAT Pattern.
- Given the pattern of the test, what you need to do is prepare all the sections thoroughly.
- Regularly reading newspaper, magazines, blogs, novels and articles of your interest will not only enrich vocabulary but also solve the dual purpose of enhancing the General Intelligence section.
- The key to solve the numerical questions is the understanding of the concept and applying the tricks to answer it in less time. This will come by regular practice.
- You should divide your time properly as time management will pay for your efforts.
- The consistent and focused hard work will truly pay rewards and help you open the doors towards your dream institution.