What is NPAT?
Graduation in business management is the most aspiring and highly pursued course by enthusiastic students who aspire to become a business tycoon of the upcoming time. Another objective of students after graduating in business management is to go for an MBA or a master degree in management studies. Therefore graduation in business management and most commonly Bachelor in Business Administration serves as a gateway and a strong foundation for MBA.
For the bachelor in management studies, there are just a handful of varsities imparting top education in management studies such as BBA, BMS and B.Com etc. In India, Narsee Monjee is one of the most acclaimed institutes for its graduation in management programmes.
Set up in the 1981 and established by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM), Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) has been acclaimed as the deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The university endeavours to meet the growing demands of management education and attain high standards of academic quality and research.
NMIMS conducts a national level examination called NPAT which expands to National Test for Programmes after Twelfth. This official entrance test is conducted to admit candidates for the undergraduate programmes and BBA being the most prominent. It is offered at Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Indore, Hyderabad, Dhule, and Bengaluru campuses.
NPAT is a computer-based test for various undergraduate programs including but not limited to BBA, B.Com (Hons.), BSc. Finance and BSc. Economics. Paper 1 of NPAT, which is common for all the courses, is a 3 sectional exam consisting of 150 questions. The questions included in NPAT are from the sections such as Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Intelligence, and Proficiency in English Language skills. Paper 2 is for students who have applied for the B.Design course, and it tests students on design-related topics. Additionally, NMIMS would conduct a separate NPAT for students aspiring to get into B.Tech and MBA Tech courses from 2020 onwards.
From the past 38 years of its inception, NMIMS is ranked among the top 10 institutes for management programmes in India. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies conducts NPAT on yearly bases. NMIMS also offer the 5-year integrated programmes which are quite popular among the aspirants.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai conducts the National Test for Programmes after Twelfth (NPAT) for the admission in BBA colleges in 6 cities in India. In 2018, NMIMS Mumbai was ranked as the best college for BBA in by India Today. It is therefore comprehensible the esteem and value of getting admission in NMIMS and qualifying the NPAT. Students target NPAT for their BBA programme at large because of the legacy of notable alumni members heading the companies. So for the successful career and education, opting NMIMS for BBA is a wise decision. Management graduation from NMIMS develops the overall personality, thus making the students more socially and professionally sound and aware.
Some of the reasons that make 10+2 pass-out consider preparing and studying management courses in NMIMS are given below:-
- Chances of getting employed upon completing the NMIMS management course multiplies as compared to the business graduates of any other universities.
- Appearing for the MBA entrances for the NMIMS business graduates becomes less complicated as compared to those business graduates, not from NMIMS. NMIMS business graduates undergo and learn the management lessons that are more rigorous and demanding, which helps them compete in the world of business.
- In the NMIMS BBA course, the highly experienced faculty imparts the students the best of the training in a management course. The management students of Narsee Monjee get additional exposure over those non-NMIMS business graduates.
- The NMIMS management students get the NMIMS brand value after graduation, which is another feather added to their cap. The NMIMS management graduates are the top choice of the MNC’s hiring fresh employees. Corporate houses also give them a considerable preference for lucrative jobs and place them in the proliferating management sector.
What are the NPAT BBA eligibility criteria?
- A minimum of 60% aggregate marks is a must to be eligible to take the NPAT-BBA Entrance Exam.
- The applicants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream, from the recognized Board at the first attempt only.
- Applicants who have appeared in International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma will also be eligible. However, those appearing in IB Certificate and or Diploma Programme Award candidates are not eligible to take NPAT-BBA Exam.
- NPAT-BBA candidates holding IB Diploma Degree will only be eligible if they have passed in Statistics or Mathematics at the Standard Level.
- Applicants who have pursued their 10+2 from international schools have to submit AIU certificate of equivalence.
- The aspirants who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools and through Distance Learning recognized only by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are eligible for the programme.
- However, those who have pursued or are pursuing 10+2, through correspondence, externally or through school other than NIOS will not be eligible to take the test.
What is the selection procedure for the BBA in NMIMS after NPAT?
Once the NPAT result is declared, the candidates are called to participate in the counselling of NPAT. The NPAT BBA selection procedure is as follows:-
- First merit list of the candidates qualifying the NPAT BBA will be prepared according to the marks scored by the candidates and the choice of the college made by them.
- Those candidates, who make through the NPAT counseling process after the announcement of the first merit list, are asked to pay the fees for BBA to confirm their admission.
- Candidates on the waiting list have to check their status regularly. The selected candidates have to report for fee submission within the stipulated timeline. Failing to pay the BBA admission fee on time may lead to cancellation of their admission.
According to NPAT BBA selection procedure, candidates will be offered admission only in one college at a time. To switch to another NMIMS where a candidate is selected, he/she has to get his/her admission cancelled in the previous NMIMS. They can then take admission in other selected NMIMS college which they chose while filling the admission form.
Candidates should produce all the necessary documents during the time of their counselling for NMIMS. Essential documents include admission letter, NPAT BBA scorecard, documents related to high school and intermediate education.
Hope that the details given the NPAT BBA article for business management graduation in NMIMS serves the students seeking information regarding their BBA programme. We wish all the NPAT aspirants good luck.