The Liberal Arts Programme at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is a sought after programme for many students. The Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts is a novel initiative that offers interdisciplinary education focusing on holistic development of students. The ideology that propels the Liberal Arts education at Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts is that it encourages freedom of thought and an openness to understand the changing dynamics of globalised work culture. To pursue Liberal Arts from NMIMS is a dream come true for many students as it prepares them for many new age career opportunities. The Liberal Arts degree from NMIMS will empower students with a skill-set that will help them to pursue their career goals.
Four essential outcomes of a Liberal Arts education from Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts of NMIMS is that students post completion of their graduation become proficient in writing, critical thinking, are open to learning and are ready to make an informed career choice.
NMIMS-NPAT Structure for admission to Liberal Arts Course:-
The SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies(NMIMS), offers a B.A (Hons.)Liberal Arts program and the intake is through an online NPAT entrance followed by personal interview and a written test. The NMIMS-NPAT exam is an online exam held at different locations in the country. The NMIMS-NPAT exam consists of Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Intelligence, and Proficiency in English Language skills. The NMIMS-NPAT paper 2 will be for students who have opted for Bachelor of Design Programme.
Selection Process for Liberal Arts Course at NMIMS:-
- If students aim to get admission in the Liberal Arts programme at Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts then the first step entails that they start preparing for NMIMS-NPAT 2022.
- The NMIMS-NPAT exam is in an objective type format and consists of 120 questions to be attempted in duration of 100 minutes.
- Students have to devote equal time for the preparation of these subjects namely, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Intelligence and Proficiency in English language. Another important point to consider is that this paper will have type of questions similar to the SAT exam.
- To crack the NMIMS-NPAT entrance one has to know the syllabus of the three subject areas and grasp the fundamentals of each subject area.
- Time management is crucial to get high scores in the NMIMS-NPAT entrance.
- After the NMIMS-NPAT the short-listed candidates will be called for the second round of selection process which consists of a personal interview and a written test.
Teaching Methodology at Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts (NMIMS):-
- The courses are designed in a manner that fosters the inquisitive mindset and encourages research approach.
- Students are made to understand the practical aspect of courses, thereby supporting the theoretical knowledge in a supporting manner.
- Keeping in mind the changing dynamics of the learning process, a trans-disciplinary and integrative approach is taken into consideration.
- Learning the concepts in an interesting manner helps students to retain better. Therefore the teaching methodology at NMIMS’s Liberal Arts course has helped in honing the skills of many bright students.
Why study Liberal Arts courses from Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts (NMIMS)?:-
- Students participate in workshops and discussions, which helps them to develop an analytical bent of mind.
- Students have to take initiatives for community engagement programmes and have to complete practical assignments.
- A combination study of humanities and natural science subjects along with creative and performing arts helps the student to broaden his scope of understanding.
- Students pursuing graduation in Liberal Arts from Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts (NMIMS) is better prepared for new-age career options and is in a position to make informed career decisions.
Fee Structure for B.A (Hons.) Liberal Arts Course at NMIMS (Mumbai campus) :- (Tentative figures)
In the year 2021, students had to pay Rs. 4,52,000/- per annum for the B.A(Hons.) Liberal Arts porgramme. The fees for the current year will be declared at the time of admission. Students can visit the NMIMS website for more information on Liberal Arts Course offered at Mumbai Campus.
For more detail: