Top Private Universities offering Liberal Arts:-
Many students have a desire to study courses that do not fall under the traditional courses offered by universities and colleges. Therefore students intend to take admission in colleges that offer liberal arts. More and more universities and colleges are introducing Liberal Arts course for undergraduate programs and adopting an interdisciplinary approach. The Liberal Arts course provided at some of the top private universities in India aims at shaping the personality of students keeping in mind the global scenario. After completing class 12th, students interested to take admission in best colleges for liberal arts in India have to meet the eligibility criteria. Apart from good academic record, students need to appear for college entrances for Liberal Arts course as well. In present times, students are more aware of different subjects and related career options; they are making a more informed decision when it comes to choosing their graduation subjects.
List of some the Top private universities which have a more extensive choice of subjects to offer for BA Liberal Arts is mentioned below.
Students keen to pursue Liberal Arts course in graduation should go through information regarding top 5 private universities/colleges offering Liberal Arts mentioned below.
Brief information about top 5 private universities/colleges offering Liberal Arts course:-
1. Shiv Nadar University:- Students can pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Liberal Arts at Shiv Nadar University, which is one of the best private universities in India. The School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SoHSS) houses eight departments. Students have to appear for Shiv Nadar University Scholastic Aptitude Test (SNUSAT), consisting of four sections namely, Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative ability, Abstract reasoning and an Essay.
2. Ashoka University:- One of the most renowned institutions to offer Liberal Arts course, students have the option of choosing their Major subject from a pool of 20 pure or interdisciplinary options. There are 18 disciplines to choose from for Minors and it is compulsory for students to undertake 7 Foundation courses and 2 Co- curricular courses. Students intending to take admission in Liberal Arts course have to undergo a rigorous process of selection.
- The first stage comprises assessment of academic records of class 10th & 12th, including scores of SAT/ACT entrances. Students also have to submit personal essays, a letter of recommendation and a list of other extracurricular activities.
- The second stage comprises an Ashoka Aptitude Test, Essay writing task and a personal interview.
- The third stage comprises decisions regarding the final list of selected or waitlisted candidates.
3. MIT-WPU, Pune School of Liberal Arts:- MIT World Peace Univesity is one of the technology-driven universities in India. MIT-WPU promotes academic excellence and a sense of development among the students by being socially equipped with societal norms and requirements. MIT-WPU School of Liberal Arts focuses on creating an alliance between Arts, Economics, Literature, Psychology, Political Science and Leadership skills. It also emphasises the development of problem-solving skills, analytical approach and research aptitude for life-long learning.
The Programs under MIT WPU School of Liberal Arts consist of exhaustive course baskets to choose from, so that the students can orient themselves academically according to their interests. The School of Liberal Arts connects the Learners to Academic and Industry Experts on one-to-one basis. The subject diversity facilitates in developing interdisciplinary perspectives in the students. The Schools ensures a strong base of academics through continually updated syllabus, continuous internal assessment, practical work, workshops, guest lectures, fieldwork, assignments, and various teaching-learning methods. The School also organizes Rural and International Immersion Programs that ensure experiential learning in the students. The institute offers a unique program in Liberal Arts, BBA (Liberal Studies) Leadership, that caters to the developments in technology and corporate requirements, along with encouraging Leadership qualities in the students.
4. Jindal School of Liberal Arts:- The Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities (JSLH) was founded in 2013 and it is credited to be the nation’s first transnational humanities school. It offers two courses.
- A three year B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts And Humanities course where students have an option of studying abroad for one semester.
- A four-year dual degree program:- In this course students have the option to study for two years at Jindal School of Liberal Arts (JSLH) and next two years at Rollins College (United States).
Students seeking admission in Jindal School of Liberal Arts have to appear for Jindal Scholastic Aptitude Test [JSAT].There are three major areas from where questions are asked, namely, English Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Skills.
5. Flame University – The pioneers in the field of Liberal arts, Flame University has aimed at providing education that transverses various domains of knowledge thereby fostering a spirit of inquiry and innovativeness amongst graduates. The intake of students in undergraduate programs- B.A., B.A. (Hons), B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), B.B.A. and B.B.A. (Communications Management), is through an entrance test (FEAT/SAT/ACT) followed by an Essay writing task. Lastly, the selected candidates have to go through the interview round. For the final selection, past academic record, extracurricular activities/ achievements & statement of purpose (SOP) of the short-listed candidates are taken into account.
6. Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts:- The Symbiosis School of Arts offers a four-year full-time Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Liberal Arts, and Bachelor of Science (Liberal Arts) Honours Degree. Students intending to take admission in this college have to appear for General Paper of the SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test). Post the entrance; students have to clear the second round of entrance that consists of a Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT).
We hope the above information will prove to be helpful in enhancing your knowledge about Liberal Arts colleges.