CUET Latest News: Delhi University releases Admission Policy

National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the registration process for CUET on 6 April 2022. The last date to register for the exam is 6 May 2022. In a notification released before, the exam conducting authority stated the important information about the exam, including the exam pattern, exam duration, and much more. CUCET (CUET) is expected to be conducted in the first and second week of July 2022. The exam will be conducted in two slots of 185 minutes and 225 minutes. Besides, the exam mode will be LAN based CBT, and the test will contain multiple-choice questions. Seeing the curiosity among students about the exam and its nature, UGC Chairman Jagdish Kumar stated that the exam would not make the board exams irrelevant nor push students to the "coaching culture". 
Delhi University has released the admission policy for the session 2022-23. Vice-Chancellor of DU Yogesh Singh said that the eligibility requirements for the upcoming session would be based on Common University Entrance Test (CUET) scores. He stated in an interview, "The candidates will be able to appear in CUET (CUCET) only in those subjects they have studied in class XII. The merit will be calculated based on a combination of only those subjects in which the candidate has appeared in the Common University Entrance Tests (CUET)."
He also described that admissions to all the undergraduate programs would be made through CUET based on the new admission policy except for the National Collegiate Women's Education Board and School of Open Learning. However, it is mandatory for all the candidates seeking admission to Delhi University to participate in CUET and obtain a great score. Candidates appearing for CUCET (CUET) can apply for a maximum of 6 subjects, including one language. The best CUET score will be considered for admission to the undergraduate programs. 
It is required that all the candidates be aware of the requirements of the CUET (CUCET) exam. Candidates must know that the pattern of the exam has been revised. CUET will now consist of three sections –Languages (two subsections), Domain-Specific and General Test. The first section of CUET, Languages, will be divided into two subsections. The first part will consist of 13 languages, and the second part will have 20 languages. 
For admissions to Delhi University, each candidate needs to appear in at least one language, as stated by the Dean Admissions, Haneet Gandhi. Further, the second section will be based on 27 domain-specific topics, and the third section will be based on General Knowledge, which is mandatory for admissions to BA program only. 
For more details about the exam pattern, then click here
Candidates applying to B.Scprograms must know that the eligibility will be calculated based on Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Math. Besides, 30 per cent of marks obtained in any language test will be a part of the qualifying criteria. Also, for admissions to the Bachelor of Arts program, the candidate must appear for one of the languages in the first section and three subjects in the next section. Merit for the same will be calculated based on the language and subject tests scores. Candidates applying for language programs must select a language or take a test in another language.
CUET will be based on the Class 12th syllabus only. However, the candidates must appear in one language that the student has studied in their Class 12th boards examination. If any of the desired subject options are not available, then the candidate is free to choose the closest subject option available. Thus, before applying for the exam, the candidate must go through eligibility requirements in this regard. Any international student seeking admission to any of the participating universities is exempted from CUET. Their admission process is based on the existing supernumerary basis. 
Apart from this, Vice-Chancellor also added that for the 50 per cent of seats reserved for minority institutions, CUET would account for 85 per cent of marks, and the colleges will decide the remaining 15 per cent. For the 50 per cent seats at non-reserved institutions, CUET will be solely accountable for admissions. 
So, if you are seeking admission to Delhi University, you have to appear for CUET. Registrations for CUET are open now. Students waiting for the forms to release can register themselves through the official website – cuet.samarth.ac.in. For more information, you can check the table below for important dates. 
CUET Notification
Events
Dates
CUCET Application Form release
6 April 2022
Registration Starts
6 April 2022
Last date to submit the application
6 May 2022 (11:50 PM)
CUCET Admit card release
June 2022
CUCET 2022  exam date 
First & Second Week of July 2022
Answer Key release
July 2022
CUCET Result declaration
August 2022
Students seeking admissions to Central, State and Private universities must know that CUET 2022 is a single-window opportunity. However, before starting with the registrations, Delhi University, a CUET participating institute, released its admission policy discussed above. However, other than Delhi University, let us read more about the admission criteria of other institutions. 
Jamia Millia Islamia
JamiaMilliaIslamia is a CUET participating institute that holds CUET accountable for admissions to its UG programs. Out of all the university's programs, 8 undergraduate programs will conduct admissions through the Common University Entrance Test. 
St. Stephen's College
Earlier admissions to this college were conducted based on the cut-off and personal interviews. As discussed above, the minority institutions of Delhi University, St. Stephen's, will conduct admissions CUET, where 85 per cent weightage is of the entrance test score, and the college will decide the remaining 15 per cent. In an interview, the college stated, "During counselling, the college will generate separate merit lists for unreserved and minority candidates as per the reservation policy of such colleges."
Jesus and Mary College
Similar to the admission criteria of St. Stephen's College, JMC will conduct admissions through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) with the release of a separate merit list for minority and unreserved candidates. 
Documents required for CUET Registration
Since the registration has started, candidates must keep these documents handy –
  • Class 10 and 12 mark sheet
  • Scanned passport size photograph
  • Scanned image of the signature
  • ID Proof (Aadhar card, driving license, passport etc.)
  • Caste certificate (if applicable)
Mistakes to avoid while filling the CUET application form 2022
Because the CUET 2022 application form might be rejected by the exam conducting authority for a variety of reasons, all candidates should avoid the following errors and properly fill out the form:
  • Do not upload a blurry image of your signature.
  • While scanning the photograph, use plain white paper as the backdrop.
  • Ensure that you can upload the qualification certificates required by the application form.
  • Make sure that you apply for the program for which you are eligible. If eligibility requirements are not met, then your application might be rejected. 
Candidates must follow the points mentioned above while filling out the application forms. For further assistance in filling out the application form, candidates can check CUET Registration and Application Form to know the registration process.  
However, the latest news about the exam will keep rolling in, so stay tuned and keep checking the official website for updated information about CUCET NotificationCUCET Eligibility RequirementsCUCET Exam Pattern and other important information.
Rate Us
Views:1818