For the admission to the most prestigious hotel management institutes in India, IHM’s, aspirants have to qualify the NCHM JEE and to appear in the NCHM JEE, the aspirants need to meet the certain eligibility conditions that have been laid by the NCHMCT (National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology). The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the exam conducting body of NCHM JEE and the exam is conducted every year in April for the admission to the hotel management colleges accepting the NCHM JEE scores. Apart from meeting the educational criteria the NCHM JEE aspirants have to meet the physical conditions as well.
Age conditions and reservations are also among the facts that decide the aspirants’ eligibility for appearing in the NCHM JEE.
The aspirants who are thinking and looking forward to appearing in the NCHM JEE must go through the various eligibility conditions and the age bar that they have to meet.
Check the NCHM JEE eligibility conditions for appearing in the NCHM JEE:-
1. Candidates should have passed 12th or equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized board of secondary education with English as their core subject.
2. The candidates who are to take the entrance exam in 2020 have to show and submit the 12th passing certificate for the final admission at the time of the counseling.
3. The candidates who are appearing in the 12th exam and have their results awaited can also appear in the NCHM JEE.
4. Candidates with a supplementary in their 12th are not eligible to appear in the exam.
5. The candidates should ensure that the documents during the admission and the information that they have provided while filling the form are true and certificates are verified.
NCHM JEE Age Limit
1. Candidates that belong to the General or Other Backward Class (OBC) category have the upper age limit of twenty-two (22) years as on 01st July 2020. Such candidates should have been born after 01st July 1997.
2. The candidates that belong to the Schedule Caste (SC) /Schedule Tribe category have an upper age limit of twenty-five (25) years as on 01st July 2020. These candidates must have been born after 01st July 1994.
Date of birth as recorded in the Higher Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate will be considered and taken as the authentic and as a valid proof, which will be accepted for the test.
Physical fitness criteria for applying for the NCHM JEE 2020 Exam
It is mandatory for the candidates registering for the NCHM JEE examination to submit a valid and recent fitness certificate. All qualified candidates are required to provide a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a working Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given at ANNEXURE-1 of NCHM JEE prospectus.