For the purpose of BA LL.B. (5 year program) admission, the Banaras Hindu University conducts undergraduate entrance test (UET), during 3rd or 4th week of May every year. This year BHU is conducting the entrance exam on 27th May, 2018
Important Dates- BHU- BA LL.B. 2018 (5 year programme)
|Release of Notification||January , 2018|
|Commencement of Online Application||22nd January, 2018|
|Last date of Online Application||21st February, 2018|
|Availability of admit cards||8th April, 2018|
|Date of Examination||27th May, 2018 (12pm – 2 pm )|
|Release of Answer Key||First week of June ,2018|
|Declaration of Result||By the second week of June, 2018|
|Release of Merit List||First week of July, 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling||First week of July, 2018|
Exam Pattern- BHU-BA LL.B. 2018 (5 Year Program)
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam duration||2 Hours (120 mins)|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
Current Affairs and General Awareness
Mental Ability and Aptitude
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking|| One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
Distribution of seats – BHU-BA LL.B. 2018
Total numbers of seats being offered under BHU-BA LL.B. 2018 are 60.
Eligibility-BHU- BA LL.B. 2018
- Applicant who has successfully completed/ is appearing in Senior Secondary School (10+2) or equivalent (Such as 11+1, “A” level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course) examination from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course are eligible for the entrance examination.
- As per the directive of the Bar Council of India, the candidates who have obtained 10+2 or Graduation/Post Graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in law courses.
- Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission not below 50% of total marks in case of General category applicants, 45% in case of OBCs and 40% in case of SCs & STs applicant.
- The age of the applicant to be not more than 20 years on 1st July 2018 (applicant should be born on or after 1st July of 1998) for General Category applicants and 22 years on 1st July 2018 in case of applicants from SC/ST and Backward Communities (applicant should be born on or after 1st July of 1996)
Admission Process - BHU-BA LL.B. 2018
- BHU-BA LL.B. 2018 result is expected to be declared by the second week of June, 2018.The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the result. Candidates will be selected on the basis of this merit list.
- The candidate will be informed his/her marks, the order in the overall merit and other relevant information via mail and SMS. BHU releases the official answer key for a candidate’s ready reference.
- BHU does not provide for the re-evaluation of the result or the investigation of answer sheets under any condition. No query regarding the same shall be entertained.
- Admissions will be based solely on merit in the entrance exam.