The Symbiosis International University conducts a National Level Entrance Exam, SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test), for the admission to its Pune campus and affiliated colleges. The entrance exam for 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on 1 May 2021, and the last date for filling the application form in all respects is before second week of April. The various entrances for the different subjects that Symbiosis conducts are SLAT (Symbiosis Law Admission Test), SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design), SITEEE (Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam).
Important facts about SET 2021
- The registration window for SET 2021 will be open from January 28 - Second week of April, 2021.
- A candidate can appear in the Symbiosis entrance exam for more than one subject.
- The exam is conducted in two sessions, morning and evening.
- The Law and Design entrance are conducted in the morning session. (9:30 am to 12:00 pm)
- Engineering, Health Sciences, and General, exams are conducted in the evening session that is from (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
- Candidates who have appeared for the entrance exams conducted by the government organizations and are seeking admission in the Engineering or Health Sciences in Symbiosis or its affiliated colleges can apply directly to those institutes.
Courses offered by Symbiosis International Institute
- Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws (B.A, LL.B.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A, LL.B.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) or B.A.(MC)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)-(Liberal Arts)
- Bachelor of Design (B. Des)
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)
- Bachelor of Business Administration Information Technology (BBA - IT)
- Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science or B.Sc. (Medical Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or B.Sc.(Nursing)
SET 2021 Eligibility
- For SLAT the minimum score for General Category students is 45% and for SC/ST its 40% in 10+2 exam system.
- For B.Sc. in Medical Technology the candidates should have passed 10+2 exam with any of the two subjects combination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Mathematics)
- For SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design), candidates should have passed intermediate with 50% marks in any streams or 10+2 diploma with 50%.
- For SITEEE (SIT Engineering Entrance Exam) the candidates should have passed intermediate with 45% marks for General Category and 40% for SC/ST. The subjects that a candidate should have opted in 10+2 to appear in SITEE are Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
- For B.A. Liberal Arts and B.Sc. Liberal Arts, the candidates should have passed 10+2.
- For BBA– IT and for BCA the candidates should have passed intermediate from any stream or equivalent diploma in Engineering / Technology with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)
- For BBA the candidates should be intermediate graduates or equivalent course in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC and ST)
- For candidates to pursue B.A. M.C they should have passed intermediate in any stream or equivalent or 10+2 diploma with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST)
- For those candidates who wish to pursue B.Sc. Nursing should have passed intermediate with minimum 45% aggregate marks (45% for SC and ST) with subjects opted as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The candidates who wish to pursue B.Sc. in Economics Honours should have passed their intermediate from any branch with minimum 50% marks for the General Category and 45% for SC/ST.