What is B.Sc. Finance?
B.Sc. Finance is an undergraduate course of 3-year duration. The program is an ideal choice for students who want to take up a career in the field of Investment Banking, Risk Management, Consulting, Accountancy or any other area of specialization in the finance sector. The syllabus for this program is well designed to help students become valuable professionals in the market and for the industry. B.Sc. Finance program includes subjects like Banking and Insurance, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Investment Analysis, Business Accounting and Debt Markets etc. This foundation course will help the candidates in enhancing their practical and theoretical knowledge in their chosen field of study.
To get admission into B.Sc. Finance, candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent with at least 60% marks from any recognized board or university
- Candidates must have Mathematics or Statistics as a compulsory subject in 10+2.
B.Sc. Finance: Key Points
Bachelor of Science in Finance
10+2 with minimum 60% Marks
Both Merit and Entrance-Based
NMIMS Mumbai, NMIMS Bangalore
Average Course Fees
INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,00,000
Accountants, Financial Analyst, Bankers etc.
Average Salary Package
INR 3,00,000 to INR 14,00,000
Higher Study Options
MBA Finance, ACCA
B.Sc. Finance program has been recently introduced in India, and some of the top institutes are offering this degree. The average curriculum fee in India is approximately INR 2, 00,000 to INR 3, 00,000 per annum based on the college offering the course. After finishing with B.Sc. Finance program, candidates can opt for higher studies. They can either enrol for an MBA Finance course or do various Accounting Certification Courses like ACCA etc.
B.Sc. Finance Admission Process
Colleges and universities in India follow merit-based and entrance based admission process for various programs in their curriculum. For B.Sc. Finance, top colleges in India follow both merit and entrance based admission process. NMIMS Mumbai conducts NPAT, which is also accepted by Surendra Modi School of Commerce, Mumbai.
The following steps will help you understand the admission process through entrance exams:
- For admissions to B.Sc. Finance, candidates must register themselves online for the entrance by providing all the required details. After providing all the details, you will get login details.
- After the login id will be generated, you have to fill up the application form and provide all your academic and personal details and provide all the details about the course you want to opt for.
- In the next step, you have to upload the necessary documents –photograph, signature, id proof, Class 10th and 12th certificate.
- After uploading the documents, you have to make payment for exam application. You can pay the requisite amount by using Net Banking, Credit Card, and Debit Card.
- When the payment is done, you can download the application form for future reference.
- Based on the details provided, admission authority will provide admit card to eligible students.
- After the admit cards are released, exam dates will be released by the exam conducting bodies.
- Admission authorities will release the exam results, candidates have appeared for.
- Based on the results, eligible candidates will be called in for Personal Interview and Group Discussion for further admission process.
B.Sc. Finance Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- Candidate must have score at least 60% in 10+2 exams and equivalent exams.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics and Statistics as a compulsory subject in Class 12th
- Candidates must be below 25 years of age.
- If any candidate has completed their 10+2 from Distance Learning are also eligible to apply for the course. The institute must be recognised by NIOS.
B.Sc. Finance Entrance Exams
Top colleges and universities that offer B.Sc. Finance program follow both merit and entre based admission process. Colleges that conduct entrances, check a candidate’s skills and ability based on which they will be marked eligible for the course.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies conducts NPAT for admissions to B.Sc. Finance.
How to Prepare for B.Sc. Finance Entrance Exam?
- Candidates must have proper knowledge about the NPAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- NPAT consists of 3 sections –Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability, Proficiency in English Language and Reasoning and General Intelligence.
- Candidates appearing for the exam must practice previous year question papers and mock test, which will help them understand the question pattern and level of difficulty.
- Time management is most important in this exam. Questions asked are tricky and time consuming. Therefore, candidates must follow time table and practice time based tests to manage time.
Why you should study B.Sc. Finance?
Being a new course, B.Sc. Finance has proven to beneficial program when it comes to placements.
- For B.Sc. Finance candidates, there are ample of job opportunities available in the industry. Upon finishing the course, students can quickly get a job as a Credit Analyst, Investment Banker, Accountant, Financial Analyst etc. and numerous positions in government or bank sector.
- If Banking and Finance interest you, you must look forward to pursuing B.Sc. Finance to get great career opportunities.
- Students pursuing B.Sc. Finance turn into competent professionals in the field, involving a large number of subjects.
- However, with ample of job opportunities available in Banking, Government and Private Organizations, a B.Sc. Finance graduate will do well in their career.
- Since, there is a high-demand of efficient finance professionals, so, the pay will also be the best in the industry.
B.Sc. Finance Career Prospects
After graduating in B.Sc. Finance, you can work as Finance Professionals in top organisations. You can make a career based on your skills and interest. Below mentioned are the career opportunities you can take:
- Investment Banker
- Financial Analyst
- Retail Banker
- Tax Advisor
- Investor Relations Associate
B.Sc. Finance Colleges in India
Here is the list of top B.Sc. Finance Colleges in India along with its admission procedure:
Name of the College
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
Entrance Test – NPAT
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
Entrance Test – NPAT
SNDP Yogam Arts and Science College, Wayanad
Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce, Mumbai
Entrance Test – NPAT
NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
Scope of B.Sc. Finance
Upon completing B.Sc. Finance, students based on their skills and interest can choose to make a career in Banking, Private, and Government Organizations. Moreover, students can choose to opt for higher studies. Here are the top career choices that students can make after completing their graduation in B.Sc. Finance.
Chartered Accountancy: On completion of the program, students can opt to go for another professional course, i.e., Chartered Accountancy. This additional course can get high paid jobs and an opportunity to get great job opportunities in the sector.
MBA Finance: After pursuing graduation in B.Sc. Finance, many students opt for higher studies to be a skilled professional in their field of study. Students can do MBA Finance, which is most recommended and will be beneficial in your career.
Therefore, the program offers vast opportunities and a promising career in the field of Finance. You can choose your career based on your skills and interests. You can make a career in varied sectors, which will be more beneficial in your career if you also pursue higher studies. However, after completing graduation, you can get a job still and wish to study later for higher studies.