A University should be a place of light, of liberty, and of learning, Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) proves it. HPNLU is a public law school and a National Law University in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. Established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). It is the 20th National Law University established in India. National Law University, is set up with the vision to provide affordable quality legal education with an aim to educate and cater the needs of students. NLU Shimla is governed by High Court of Himachal Pradesh
Located in the geographical terrains of Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla, is the best place for study and learning in law, developing in students, understanding about law and legal system, topographies of law making, legal practice, and administration. Perhaps, climatic conditions and environmental privileges of its placement, makes the University one of the most sought-after law education institutions within three years of its coming into existence. The mission is to develop well prepared law graduates capable of integrating knowledge of legal theory, practical skill and professional values; fostering an intellectual culture that bridges theory with practice and contributing to social, economic and cultural development through intellectual products which enhance the quality of life of people of Himachal Pradesh and beyond.
It is one of the autonomous law schools in India. The university offers a B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)and B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.), integrated Programme. To prepare leaders for law and law related professionals through integrated curriculum that emphasizes academic excellence and acceptability.
Both of the mentioned courses below are a five-year full-time integrated programmes in Law offered by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla with the approval of Bar Council of India (BCI).
BBA LLB (Hons.) Integrated Course
BA LLB (Hons.) Integrated Course
Faculty and Staff
The institution has attracted excellent set of teachers from all over India. The University is committed to provide inter disciplinary and practical/application based legal education keeping in view the requirements of overall developments of its students. Under the academic and administrative leadership of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Nishtha Jaswal, the team HPNLU is committed to achieve new heights in law education. The construction of buildings of the University is in advanced stage and before the start of next academic session, the University plans to shift to its new Campus.
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla Admission Process.
- Admissions are conducted online through the official website of University.
- For admission to BBA LLB and BA LLB admissions, candidates holding merit score in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) will be eligible.
- Candidates can apply on the official website of the university
- Students have to pay INR 4,000/- for CLAT entrance fees.
- Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test. However, such candidates are required to have passed the qualifying examination at the time of their admission and must be able to submit proofs in support of their claims.
- Aspirants seeking admissions to UG Law programmes 10+2 with 50 % (40% for SC & ST)
- Admission will be provided based on the aggregate average marks of 10+2 and entrance score (CLAT).
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 from open universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.