Bar Council of India has officially made an updated list of Top Law Colleges in Chandigarh. The list mentioned in the article will provide you with all the details about courses offered, admission procedure, placements, cut-off, and eligibility criteria.
The students can now get themselves enrolled in private law colleges in Chandigarh on merit basis. Whereas, government law colleges in Chandigarh accept CLAT and PU-LLB. Panjab University is one of the best universities to offer a wide range of courses. Its Department of Law, University Institute of Legal Studies, and Post-graduate Government College for Girls are the top law colleges in Chandigarh to offer 5-year integrated course.
Law Colleges in Chandigarh Admission Procedure
- Law colleges in Chandigarh conduct admissions through entrances and merit-basis.
- Most of the universities and colleges accept CLAT/PU-LLB as a part of their selection criteria followed by GD/PI. Some of the other government and private law colleges in Chandigarh provide admissions on merit basis.
- A few private law college in Chandigarh conduct GD/PI as a part of further selection criteria.
- Aspirants must register themselves with the college by filling the admission form with all the required details.
- Colleges take aggregate of marks scored on merit basis and entrance basis to select the right candidate.
Law Colleges in Chandigarh Eligibility Criteria
For undergraduate courses in Law, colleges prefer:
- 45% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent board recognised by Board. (40% for SC/ST)
- CLAT/PU-LLB Score
- No upper age limit
Law Colleges in Chandigarh Cut Off
After the declaration of CLAT/PU-LLB results, cut-off will be released. Based on factors like difficulty level, number of candidates appearing for the exam, and previous years cut-off, the cut-off is calculated. Check CLAT Cut Off
and PU-LLB previous year and expected cut-off.
Other than these government law colleges, there are private law colleges in Chandigarh offering 5-year integrated courses like B.B.A LLB, B.A LLB, and B.Com LLB. In the private law colleges in Chandigarh, you get admission on the basis of merit regardless of the stream you studied in 12th. Some of the private law colleges in Chandigarh take in-house examination to select students. A few private law colleges conduct GD and PI to select suitable students for the course.
It is the only reason it gets challenging for the student to crack CLAT. However, the merit based admissions have helped a lot of students get admitted to best law colleges in India. Due to rising competition in the field, even the student has to think smartly and keep a back-up plan. Yet, if you curate a list of law colleges you wish to get in, then you must keep in mind a few parameters such as:
- Admission criteria
- Courses available
- Selection process
- Facilities available
- Exposure to different fields
Above all these, you must take student opinion, as it is the most genuine one. Therefore, choose your course, area of specialization and college wisely