The top law colleges in Chennai accept CLAT and a few conduct in-house entrance examination for the selection process. However, a few give admission based on merit. The colleges have both integrated law courses and the 3-year law course. Students who are sure about their career choices can enrol themselves in an integrated law course right after 12th. On the other hand, you can pursue graduation in any field and still get into law by clearing CLAT or other similar examinations. The list mentioned will help you get more information about the courses, admission process and eligibility criteria of varied law colleges in Chennai.
Law Colleges in Chennai Admission Procedure
- Law colleges in Chennai conduct admissions through entrances and merit-basis.
- Most of the universities and colleges accept CLAT as a part of their selection criteria followed by GDPI. Some of the other government and private law colleges in Chennai provide admissions on merit basis.
- Aspirants must register themselves with the college by filling the admission form with all the required details.
- Colleges take aggregate of marks scored on merit basis and entrance basis to select the right candidate.
Law Colleges in Chennai Eligibility Criteria
For undergraduate courses in Law, colleges prefer:
- 45% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent board recognised by Board. (40% for SC/ST)
- CLAT Score
- No upper age limit
Law Colleges in Chennai Cut Off
Crescent School of Law, University of Madras, Indian School of Business & Management and Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R and D Institute of Science and Technology are among top 10 law colleges of Chennai. There are private law colleges in Chennai that accept CLAT and LSAT India for the admission process. Whereas, a few government law colleges in Chennai accept CLAT score, and few conduct in-house examination, GD and PI for the admissions.
Before you proceed for admission, check whether the institution you are choosing benefits your learning or not. You must do a background check of various colleges by checking their admission process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, faculty, and the exposure you get. It is because taking up law as a profession opens up umpteen opportunities for you. Therefore, if you choose the college wisely, it will surely benefit your learning experience.