CLAT is conducted every year in the month of May, by one of the participating National Law University. CLAT 2017 will be conducted on May 14, 2017 by Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna. Its noteworthy that the upper age limit has been restored yet again. The age limit is below 20 for the general category and 22 for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP/PWD) categories.
Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) and National Law University, Delhi will not be participating in CLAT 2017. Himachal Pradesh High Court will be responsible for conducting the exam for admissions to HPNLU-Shimla, whereas, NLU-Delhi conduct AILET (All Indian Law Entrance Test).
The following is the list of the NLUs that participate in CLAT every year:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU).
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR).
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU).
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS).
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ).
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU).
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU).
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala (RGNUL).
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS).
- National Law University, Cuttack, Odisha (NLUO).
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL).
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Guwahati, Assam (NLUJAA).
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU).
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS).
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU).
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)