The various National Institutes of Design (NID) offer two undergraduate programmes, Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) & Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD). Both of these are 4-year programmes, B.Des. is offered by National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad & the GDPD programme is offered in the NID campuses at Kurukshetra & Vijayawada (starting from 2019 the new NID campuses of NID Bhopal and NID Jorhat will also offer this programme). This article will help you to figure if you are eligible for NID DAT and if you can register for the same
All the applicants applying for the B.Des. & GDPD programmes must fulfill two criteria: Age & Education qualification.
The details of NID DAT eligibility are listed below:
- For Indian Nationals in General Category
Limit of upper age for aspirants should be 20 years as on 30th June, 2019. Only those aspirants who were born on or after 01st July, 1999 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (OBC-NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST):
Upper age limit for aspirants is 23 years as on 30th June, 2019. Only those aspirants born on or after 01st July, 1996 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in PWD Reserved Category:
Upper age limit for aspirants is 25 years as on 30th June, 2019. Only those aspirants born on or after 01st July, 1994 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas Category:
Upper age limit for aspirants is 20 years as on 30th June, 2019. Only those aspirants born on or after 01st July, 1999 can apply for admission.
NID DAT Educational Qualification
Registrations for the academic year 2019–20 are open to aspirants who have already passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the session 2018– 2019 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
NID DAT Registration Process
Note: Before starting the registration & form filling process read & familiarise yourself thoroughly with the eligibility criteria, the number of seats, test centres, reservation policy & all other relevant information related to admissions to the B.Des. & GDPD programmes.
Step 1: Sign up
- All the applicants are required to sign up at http://admissions.nid.edu before filling the NID DAT application form.
- Please provide a valid email address & mobile number while registering, as these contacts will be used for all further communication.
- Post registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address. In case a wrong email address or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you will have to register again with the correct credentials.
- Be careful to not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful to you for future reference.
- Log in to your account using your log in ID & password to start filling your NID DAT application form.
Step 2: Fill the NID DAT Online Application Form
- Log in & proceed to Step 2 in the registration process–Application Form.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click ‘Save & Exit’ in case you want to complete the form at a later time or date.
- After filling all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ before you go to the next section, ‘Upload Document’.
Step 3: Uploading Documents, signature & other relevant certificates
Note1: the photograph & signature files must be in JPG/JPEG format & should not be exceeding 100 KB in size.
Note2: All the other certificates that are to be uploaded must be in JPG/JPEG format & should not exceed 150 KB in size, unless otherwise specified
- Upload a recent scanned passport photograph as per the instructions. It must be a coloured photograph taken professionally. Personal photos clicked non-professionally wont be accepted.
- Upload your recent scanned signature as per the instructions given. Take care to have your signature digitally photographed or scanned & cropped to the required size.
- Aspirants applying under the OBC-NCL category are required to upload a valid relevant OBC-NCL certificate issued by a competent authority. Please note that the date of issue of OBC-NCL certificate should be 01st April, 2018 or later.
- Aspirants applying under the SC & ST categories are required to upload a valid Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Aspirants applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to upload a Disability Certificate that's been issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
- Aspirants applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first & last page of their valid passport, clearly showing all of their information.
- Once you are done uploading all the documents needed, click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ and go to the next section to pay the Application Fees. Application Form will be accepted only after the successful payment of the application fees.
Step 4: Pay NID DAT Application Fee & Print:
1. Category-wise NID DAT Application Fees for Academic Year 2019-20 are as under:
||Application Fees (B.Des. & GDPD)
|Overseas (only B.Des)
Note: The NID DAT applications received after 02 pm, Friday, 09th November, 2018, the application fees will be double the amount indicated above.
2. The above fees are applicable to applicants of all three institutes, NID Ahmedabad, NID Vijayawada & NID Kurukshetra, belonging to either of the three genders.
3. NID DAT Application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
4. The Application fees paid online (by debit/credit card) DOES NOT INCLUDE any bank/ transaction charges, & the same, as applicable, will be borne by the applicant.
5. You will be asked to verify your details, after which you can proceed to make the payment.
6. Select method of payment—
(a) ONLINE (via credit/debit card) or
(b) OFFLINE only by Dem& Draft.
7. For Aspirants paying ONLINE: You will be directed to the payment gateway. After completing the payment process, you will be redirected to the ‘Print’ section where you can save your form as a PDF file & print it. You are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form if you are paying online via debit/credit card.
8. For Aspirants paying OFFLINE:
a. Prepare a Demand draft of the amount in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi. Fill in the details of the Demand Draft online to complete the submission process. Save the NID DATApplication Form as a PDF File & print it. This should be done before 2 pm on Friday, 09th November, 2018.
b. To complete the application process, you must send the demand draft & a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address (via Speed Post/Courier), so as to reach before 1800 hrs. on Monday, 19th November, 2018:
The Project Manager–CMS
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110003, India
Note: Aspirants who have made online payment via debit/credit card are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form.