The University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies, also known as UPES is one of the top private law colleges of Uttarakhand. Ranked among the top private universities to pursue higher education.UPES is the first Indian University to partner with UK-based The University of Law for legal studies. It is located in the capital, Dehradun of Uttarakhand. UPES was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. Being one of the best private law colleges in the state, UPES has a robust placement cell.
UPES is a private law college approved by the Bar Council of India and UGC that offers LLB and LLM courses. It also provides a unique course, namely, B.Tech LLB Hons. It is the only institution in Uttarakhand that provides B.Tech LLB Hons, Computer Science Engineering with specialization in cyberlaw-IPR-law and this course is a unique mixture of computer science knowledge and the law of the cyber world. Top law university in Dehradun, UPES offers its students a world-class academic infrastructure, multimedia-enabled classrooms, modern research labs, playing fields, food courts, hostels, and facilities for curricular and extra-curricular activities.
|BA LLB Hons.
|BBA LLB Hons
|B.Sc LLB Hons.
|B.Com LLB Hons.
Faculty and Staff
US college has eminent faculty in its departments. The law department has also an experienced team of professors who are well aware of all the modern methods of teachings and can guide students in their law career.
- UPES gives Admission in top law courses of Uttarakhand through UPES Entrance Exam – ULSAT.
- School of Law(UPES) also considers national entrance exams like CLAT or LSAT for shortlisting students for different law courses. Class 12th final board results are also taken into consideration.
- Candidate has to fill the UPSET application form where students have to fill in academic details and pass in the cut off list of the college to get shortlisted for admission.
- For admission to UG Law programs, there is no age bar.
- Aspirants seeking admissions to UG Law programs 10+2 in any stream with 50 % (45% for SC & ST).
- Admission will be provided based on the score and rank in the cut off list of UPSET/CLAT/LSAT. Students should possess class 12th final marksheet to get admission in various law courses.
- The colleges accept entrance score of CLAT, LSAT, and UPSET 2020.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.