Punjab University Regional Centre (PURC) has been established at the campus of P.U. Extension Library, Ludhiana from the academic Session 2003-04. The college is among the best law colleges in the city helping the students achieve the dreams related to their dream career. It offers degrees at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Along with the well-equipped courses, the university also provides the students with the opportunity to get placed at the campus after the completion of the degree through campus recruitments attracting recruiters from across the state.
The college offers full time undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the law domain. The college also offers the students to be part of various cultural societies and clubs at the campus to explore the co-curricular side of the students. Moreover, the college also has a Grievance Redressal Cell and a PU Committee against sexual harassment.
Faculty and Staff
At University Institute of Laws (PURC) teachers appointed are qualified, helpful and knowledgeable. Most of the teachers are PhD scholars. For every class, there is a mentor session conducted to mentor students on different subjects. Even the university arranges Guest Lectures by renowned faculties of prominent law colleges in India and abroad.
- The Entrance test for Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) based on PUCET (PG) shall be open to all such candidates.
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in any discipline with at least 45%* marks in aggregate from Panjab University or any other University recognized by Bar Council of India and Panjab University.
- In case of a candidate having a Bachelors degree of this University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate, through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi (Gurumukhi Script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic) the aggregate of 45% marks shall be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that he had secured at the language examination, excluding the marks for additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First-Degree Certificate after prosecuting Studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the Integrated Five Years Course.
- LL.B.3 years Degree/B.A.LL.B./B. Com.LLB. 5 years degree examination of this University with minimum 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/BC candidates)
- Any equivalent examination of another University recognized by the Syndicate for this purpose.
For more details regarding the course, download the brochure from the link mentioned below: