One of the top law colleges in Patna is Patna Law College that was established in 1909. The college imparts Educational courses at Undergraduate level in the field of Legal Studies. The Patna Law College is a public academic institute, which is affiliated to Patna University. Upto 1st January, 1952, Patna Law College was a Government institution and functioned as an independent unit. The College has the privilege to organize All India Moot-Court competition sponsored by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. The College, which enjoys permanent affiliation by the Bar Council of India, imparts instructions as per the updated syllabi prescribed by the B.C.I. for Three-year Law Course leading to LL.B Degree of the Patna University and the students are awarded Law Degree after successful completion of the three Law Examinations (LL.B. Part I. Part II and Part III) conducted by the University.
This Centre of higher education, which is exclusively devoted to legal education, has the privilege of producing two Chief Justices of India, namely, Mr. Justice B.P. Sinha and Mr. Justice L.M. Sharma. Also, Sri Lal Narain Sinha, First Attorney General of India from the State of Bihar, a galaxy of Supreme Court and High Court judges, jurists, eminent advocates, reputed academicians, able administrators and innumerable towering personalities adorning very high and coveted chairs in various walks of life.
|BBA LLB Integrated Course
Faculty & Staff
Patna Law College,Patna has highly educated and highly professional faculty. With Dr. Muhammad Sharif as principal of this prestigious institute, all the faculty members are well equipped with all the modern techniques of teaching and technology to impart law education and other courses. The college looks at developing professionals in every field and not just law. The purpose of introducing law in the college was to uplift the bar of legal education in the state with the growing requirements.
- Students who have studied and passed at graduate level in streams like Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering or any other discipline are eligible to take admission in LLB at Patna Law College
- The college conducts its own entrance test PUCET for the admission seekers.
- Required marks for those who possessed Bachelor’s Honours is 45% marks
- Required marks for those who possessed Pass Course is 55% marks
- For admission to UG Law programmes, there is no age bar.
- Aspirants seeking admissions to UG Law programmes 10+2 with 45 % (40% for SC & ST)
- Admission will be provided based on the aggregate average marks of 10+2 and entrance score.
- The colleges conducts its own test PUCET, students needs to qualify that.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.