Top Law Colleges in Uttarakhand:- Uttarakhand is known as the Dev Bhumi or Land of God and house of various religious places as well as famous as a hill station. Over the years, this hill station progressively developed as a center of education and has produced the best law colleges in India. Law as a profession offers a plethora of career avenues in today’s times. Many students while pursuing a five- year integrated course start preparing for UPSC exams as well. With multi- national companies having their corporate offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc. it has been a blessing for many law students as they can join the corporate sector.
There are many top law colleges in Uttarakhand like UPES, ICFAI University, Law college of Dehradun, affiliated to Uttranchal University, IMS Unison University, to name a few. The state capital, Dehradun has a high density of law colleges. This article will give you all information regarding the best law colleges of Uttarakhand. Go through this article to know the key features of best law colleges in Uttarakhand.
Best Law Colleges in Uttarakhand:-
Students interested in a law-based career can either do a three-year law course after graduation in any discipline or a 5- year integrated course after 12th class from top law colleges in Uttarakhand. The government and private colleges of Uttarakhand offer various law programs for 12th passed students.
Many law colleges provide LLB integrated with various other programs like B.Sc, BBA,B.Com, and even B.Tech or LLB after graduation. UPES in Dehradun considered one of the best colleges to pursue law offers BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, and LLM courses.
Those students belonging to streams such as medical, non-medical, or commerce, can also pursue law as a career. Entrance in top law colleges in Uttarakhand is facilitated through national law entrance tests like CLAT, LSAT, or AILET. Now the following sections will give you detailed information on admission procedure, courses offered eligibility criteria, fee structure of best law colleges in Uttarakhand.
Admission Procedure of Law Colleges of Uttarakhand
- Students are required to file separate applications for different universities of Uttarakhand by visiting the respective college’s official website. Top law colleges in Uttarakhand might have different admission criteria for enrolling students to Law courses.
- Best colleges and Universities for Law in Uttarakhand prepare the final list of selected students based on the score of entrance tests and Board examinations.
- Many law universities and colleges consider national entrance exams score for making merit lists of students. So, students need to give CLAT and LSAT for the admission in respective colleges.
- Some top private law colleges in Uttarakhand also give admission based on the last qualifying examination of the students followed by personal interviews.
Eligibility Criteria of Law Colleges of Uttarakhand
The eligibility criteria for students applying for undergraduate courses is as follows:
- 45%-50% marks in 10+2 from any stream or any equivalent board recognized by Board. (40%-45% for SC/ST
- For graduates who want to pursue LLB: 45% in graduation in any field.
- CLAT/LSAT score or personal Interviews
- There is no upper Age limit for taking admission to these law colleges.
Law Colleges of Uttarakhand Cut Off:
Uttarakhand has a popular govt. Institutes like Kumaun University and private institutes like UPES, ICFAI universities, etc. which gives admission based on CLAT /LSAT score. After the declaration of CLAT /LSAT results, their cut off will be released by different universities. Students have to keep visiting the college websites to understand the Cut-off criteria. Students who scored above the cut off will be shortlisted for the admission for that particular year.
Law courses have a great scope in India. At present, there are more than 20 lakhs lawyers in India, but still, our legal system is lacking legal advisors, Judges, and experts which is proved when we see the stats of pending cases. Students should select their colleges after checking all the important parameters. Our curated list of Top Law Colleges in Uttarakhand will help you choose the best law college.Top law colleges in Uttarakhand will help you to gain conceptual clarity and knowledge about legal field.