Top Law Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram:The importance and antiquity of education in Kerala are underscored by the states ranking as among the most literate in the country. The local dynastic precursors of modern-day Kerala made significant contributions to the progress on education in Kerala.
Thiruvananthapuram, one of the state's major academic hubs, hosts the University of Kerala and several professional education colleges, including 15 engineering colleges, 3 medical colleges, three Ayurveda colleges, two colleges of Homeopathy, six other medical colleges, and several prestigious law colleges like the Government Law College, Kerala Law Academy, etc. Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala's premier health institute, one of the finest in the country, is being upgraded to the status of an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Law studies offer undergraduate and graduate programs to students who have a passion for studying law. There is no age limit to pursue a degree in Law. If you are pursuing law after 12th, then you can get yourself enrolled in the 5-year Integrated Law Undergraduate Programme by appearing for CLAT. However, if you look forward to pursuing LLB after completing graduation, you can still appear for CLAT to get admitted to the top law colleges in Thiruvananthapuram.
Law colleges have seen a growing demand over the past few years and most of it is credited to the growing acceptance of CLAT scores by many major universities across the country. CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a centralized national level governmental entrance test for admissions to twenty-two National Law Universities in India while many universities still accept qualification exams merit scores.
Law has forever been one of the most sought after courses and in a country like India with a different judicial statute, which includes unique and complex laws (such as personal laws, environmental laws, criminal laws, etc.)
Best Law Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram
Law Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram - Eligibility Criteria
- All of these courses require a minimum passing percentage in 10+2 qualification exams (45%) or any equivalent board recognized by the government or the state university. (40% for SC/ST)
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) Score
- No upper age limit
Law Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram - Admission Procedure
- Admission is given based on either qualification exam score merit or by the college's entrance examination (many colleges take an aggregate of both in their admission procedures)
- CLAT is widely accepted when applying for top colleges in Bihar, while many state universities still use merit scores for the selection process
- Colleges can be applied either through online college website portals or offline by submitting the college application form with application fees.
- The student selection procedure is based on the clearance of the Cut-off scores set by the respective college.
Law Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram Cut Off
Once the CLAT scores are out, a general cut-off score is calculated by the colleges based on various factors. Cut-offs for the previous year (2019) were around 131-157 out of 200.
CNLU and a few other Law colleges in Bihar require CLAT scores to meet their eligibility criteria.
The remaining colleges accept 10+2 scores with a more liberal percentage cut-off for the students
Aspirants must check these parameters before selecting a college for higher studies-
- Which major to opt for
- Convenience of Location
- Public or Private University
- Fee Structure
- University ranking and infrastructure
Depending upon these, you must select the college wisely. However, choose the one which benefits your learning experience and gives you exposure and you will surely get into the best law college in Thiruvananthapuram.