Top Law Colleges in Shimla: Shimla also known as Simla, is the capital and the largest city of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. In 1864, Shimla was declared as the summer capital of British India, succeeding Murree, northeast of Rawalpind. The people of Shimla are informally called Shimlaites. With largely cosmopolitan crowds, a variety of festivals are celebrated here. The Shimla Summer Festival, held every year during peak tourist season, and lasting 3–4 days, is celebrated on the Ridge. Local transport in Shimla is by bus or private vehicles. Buses ply frequently on the circular road surrounding the city centre. Like any other growing city, Shimla is also expanding with new habitats in the vicinity. Transport services in these areas are also expanding rapidly
The city has many Institutes of national importance in various disciplines such as law, medicine, engineering, management, hospitality and pharmacy. It has premier academic institutes including Himachal Pradesh National Law University as one of the top Law Colleges in our country.The Himachal Pradesh University (state university of Himachal Pradesh) is also located in Shimla. Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) and University Institute of Information Technology, Himachal Pradesh University (UIIT), a premier technical education institute, are also located here.There is one private university by the name of APG (Alakh Prakash Goyal) Shimla University. It was awarded as the Best University in Hills by Assocham India.
Best Law Colleges in Shimla
Shimlahas succeeded to give the best Law colleges like Himachal Pradesh National Law University which is an NLU, and private colleges like Alakh Prakash Goyal University, and many more these are the few Law colleges that ranks high in the list. The law college participates in CLAT, which is a standard examination for admissions to law programmes conducted by NLU. Some of the colleges have their own Institute examinations like APGSU for Alakh Prakash Goyal University.
Law as a career has been gaining a lot of demand in youngsters these days. The students are also influenced by their peers and seniors and are willing to become a top most lawyer. The number of students increasing for top Law exam like CLAT shows the current education scenario and their interest inclination towards LAW as a career option. Most of the colleges prefer to accept CLAT score as a selection criterion. Check the admission procedure for more details.
Law Colleges in Shimla Admission Procedure
- Law colleges in Shimla conduct admissions on the basis of merit list drawn on the basis of the performance of the candidate in 10+2 / I.A. / I.SC / I.Com or equivalent recognized by State/ Central Govt. Board/ Council
- Minimum of 45% marks in Intermediate or equivalent.
- All relevant documents like mark sheets and identity verification required.
- Some Institute conducts their own test like APGSU so students need to qualify these exams.
- Most of the universities and colleges accept CLAT as a part of their selection criteria.
Law Colleges in Shimla Eligibility Criteria
For undergraduate courses in Law, colleges prefer:
- 45% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent board recognised by Board. (40% for SC/ST)
- CLAT Score
- No upper age limit
Law Colleges in Shimla Cut-off
- Colleges considering CLAT score for admissions releases cut off after CLAT result declaration.
- Factors like previous year cut-off, difficulty level, number of appearing candidates; the CLAT cut off is formulated.
- Institutes like Alakh Prakash Goyal University as a private institute offers world class academics.
- The affiliated institutes offers praiseworthy placement records with top recruiters participating in placement drives.
- In a nutshell, aspiring candidates needs to properly analyse the factors like admission procedure, fees structure, course design, placement records, and beforehand prior to making a selection.
An overall look up of all these characteristics related to a college will certainly place you in the top law college of Shimla.