The best law colleges in Kolkata are Kolkata Police Law Institute, Sundernath Law College, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Amity Law School etc are a few colleges from the list of top 10 colleges in Kolkata. Yet, all of these colleges have produced great lawyers and consultants. The law colleges in Kolkata accept CLAT and provide admissions on merit basis. However, a few conduct in-house examination to check student’s ability. Various colleges have introduced 5-year integrated program for the students who are sure about their career choice.
Many private law colleges conduct in-house examination, GD and PI for the enrolment of the students in the course. Seeing the growing requirement of lawyers, even government law colleges have introduced integrated courses in law and in various other fields. Even, students can choose their area of specialisation and pursue the same. Getting specialisation in a particular field will help them broaden the mindset and will have a great learning experience. The list with this article will provide all the required information about the courses, colleges, admission criteria, and eligibility criteria.
Law Colleges in Kolkata Admission Procedure
- Law colleges in Kolkata conduct admissions through entrances and merit-basis.
- Most of the universities and colleges accept CLAT as a part of their selection criteria followed by GDPI. Some of the other government and private law colleges in Kolkata provide admissions on merit basis.
- Aspirants must register themselves with the college by filling the admission form with all the required details.
- Colleges take aggregate of marks scored on merit basis and entrance basis to select the right candidate.
Law Colleges in Kolkata Eligibility Criteria
For undergraduate courses in Law, colleges prefer:
- 45% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent board recognised by Board. (40% for SC/ST)
- CLAT Score
- No upper age limit
Law Colleges in Kolkata Cut-off
After the declaration of CLAT results, cut-off will be released. Based on factors like difficulty level, number of candidates appearing for the exam, and previous years cut-off, the cut-off is calculated. Check CLAT previous year cut-off and expected cut-off.
If you are planning to take up law as your career right after 12th
, you have to choose your institution wisely keeping in mind a few constraints. You can appear for CLAT to get into the best law colleges in Kolkata. If you miss the exam, you have to enrol in law colleges, which have in-house examinations, and merit based admissions. However, most of the law colleges in Kolkata select students on the merit basis, GD and PI.