Top Law Colleges in Jabalpur: Jabalpur, one of the state's major academic hubs, hostsseveral prestigious law colleges including one of the newly established NLU’s (DNLU) in the country.Jabalpur has always been one of the most important centers for higher education in the Northern regions of the country. This was true, particularly in earlier years. In the fifties and sixties, theirlaw colleges were widely known and famous in Madhya Pradesh and outside.
Law studies offer undergraduate and graduate programs to students who have a passion for studying law. There is no age limit to pursue a degree in Law. If you are pursuing law after 12th, then you can get yourself enrolled in the 5-year Integrated Law Undergraduate Programme by appearing for CLAT. However, if you look forward to pursuing LLB after completing graduation, you can still appear for CLAT to get admitted to the top law colleges in Jabalpur.
Law colleges have seen a growing demand over the past few years and most of it is credited to the growing acceptance of CLAT scores by many major universities across the country. CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a centralized national level governmental entrance test for admissions to twenty-two National Law Universities in India while many universities still accept qualification exams merit scores.
Best Law Colleges in Jabalpur
- Dharmashastra National Law University
- Mangalayatan University
- Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya
- Mother Tersa Law College
Top Law Colleges in Jabalpur - Eligibility Criteria
- All of these courses require a minimum passing percentage in 10+2 qualification exams(45%) or any equivalent board recognized by the government or the state university. (40% for SC/ST)
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) Score
- No upper age limit
Top Law Colleges in Jabalpur - Admission Procedure
- Admission is given based on either qualification exam score merit or by the college's entrance examination (many colleges take an aggregate of both in their admission procedures)
- CLAT is widely accepted when applying for top colleges in Jabalpur, while many state universities still use merit scores for the selection process
- Colleges can be applied either through online college website portals or offline by submitting the college application form with application fees.
- The student selection procedure is based on the clearance of the Cut-off scores set by the respective college.
Law Colleges in Jabalpur Cut Off
- Once the CLAT scores are out, a general cut-off score is calculated by the colleges based on various factors. Cut-offs for the previous year(2019) were around 131-157 out of 200.
- CNLU and a few other Law colleges in Bihar require CLAT scores to meet their eligibility criteria.
Aspirants must check these parameters before selecting a college for higher studies-
- Which major to opt for
- Convenience of Location
- Public or Private University
- Fee Structure
- University ranking and infrastructure
Depending upon these, you must select the college wisely. However, choose the one which benefits your learning experience and gives you exposure and you will surely get into the best law college in Jabalpur.