Government Law College, Ernakulam is one of the prestigious law institutions in Kochi. Founded in 1874, GLC Ernakulam is the first law college in Kerala. The college offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level legal education. Being one of the oldest law colleges in the country, GLC has been committed in contributing in the development of the society and providing professional legal education to willing students. The college has a notable alumni including Manmootty, K.G. Balakrishnan, Oommen Chandy and A.K Anthony including many others, who are leading Judge and advocates in the Indian Judiciary System.
5 year LL.B. Degree Course
Faculty & Staff
The faculty and staff at GLC Ernakulam is following the legacy of the previous faculties by providing professional and quality legal education to deserving law aspirants. The institute follows the idea modern teaching and is equipped with all the modern technology to enhance the learning of the students as well as help them in overall development. The college has proportionate ration of teachers that are highly qualified and experienced. Almost all of the law faculty teachers are PhD holders and have thorough knowledge about their subjects. College also arranges guest lectures, where prominent personalities from the legal background to address the law students and make them familiar with the Legal Institution of the nation.
- Admission process followed for admissions to law programmes at GLC Kochi shall be governed by The Acts, Rules, Regulations and Notifications in force and issued by the Government, University and other Statutory Authorities at a relevant time.
- Admissions to the course shall be based on the entrance examination conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Candidates who completed their 10+2 through correspondence shall also be considered for admissions to 5 years Integrated Law Programme.
- Candidates must meet the minimum percentage criteria in 10+2 as follows-
45% - General Category
42% - OBC Category
40% - ST/SC Category
For more information regarding admissions, please download the brochure from the link below.