The Government College of law is among the top law colleges in the city of Vellore. The Main objective of college is to provide Effective and Quality Legal Education and affordable cost to the students hailing from rural areas. GLC is among the best universities offering law in the city and has been helping students in achieving the goals regarding their careers and dreams since years. The university offers numerous courses in the domain of law at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Moreover, the college also provides students with a chance of being hired by the top recruiters and renowned law firms through campus placements opportunities.
The Government Law College was established in 2008. It offers a three-year Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) degree with an annual intake of 80 students other integrated programs and post graduate degrees. The college is in Katpadi, Vellore. It is one of seven government law colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. Like the rest of the law colleges in Tamil Nadu, it is administered by Tamil Nadu's Department of Legal Studies, and affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University.Despite of being a government college, the university has a fully equipped, computerized library with a capacity of 7,000+ books and 4 National Law Journals. The college also has a sports complex for the students.
Faculty and Staff
The Law College has the highly educated and highly professional faculty. The faculty members are well equipped with all the modern techniques of teaching and technology to impart law education and other courses. The college looks at developing professionals in every field and not just law. The purpose of introducing law in the college was to uplift the bar of legal education in the state with the growing requirements.
- The admission is based on the score of the applicant in the CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test) and is done purely on merit basis.
- After qualifying the merit screening, the college publishes merit based lists and the selected students need to register themselves at the university’s online portal.
- Lastly, on the basis of the marks obtained and the admission forms, the admission is confirmed.
- In order to be eligible for L.L.B. course, the applicant needs to complete his/her graduation with a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- The eligibility criteria for the B.A.L.L.B. degree requires the candidate to have passed his/her 10+2, with any stream and a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- L.L.M. requires the applicant to have completed his/her L.L.B. Degree.
For more details regarding the course, please download the brochure from the link provided below: