There are many private and government colleges in Pondicherry. However, the only government law college in the city is B.R. Ambedkar Government Law College. It is located at Kalapet. Offering legal education since 1972, it is approved by UGC and the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. Being one of the best law colleges in Pondicherry, it helps students to meet their goals. The college is affiliated to Pondicherry University that has been accredited B++ grade by NAAC.
It is the only government law college in Pondicherry that offers various programmes at the UG & PG level and guides research students leading to PhD in Law. At the UG level, it provides with an opportunity to study BA LL.B, 3-year course and BA LL.B (integrated), a 5-year course. In addition to this, it also gives the choice to opt for a yearlong PG diploma course in French Law. The seating capacity for the same is only 15. The college has a state-of-the-art infrastructure with optimized computer rooms, a well-equipped library consisting about 40,000 volumes, clean eating points and transportation facilities.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty at the 5-years is highly qualified and imparts detailed knowledge of the subject concerned. The staff is given training from time to time so that it remains up to date.
The sole aim of the college is to uplift the bar of legal education and make it more economically viable.
- Merit is given due consideration during the admission process.
- The candidate may have to appear for an entrance exam as per the declaration of theinstitution. However, CLAT score is usually taken into account.
- The candidate must meet the required eligibility criteria as given below.
- There should be no discrepancy in the data provided to the University and the applicant must admit to follow the code of conduct as stated by the university.
- The application fee is INR 1100 while the annual cost of the study is less than 1.5Lacs.
- The candidate must have had cleared 10+2 with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board.
- The college accepts entrance score of CLAT.
- There is no age limit.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.