Law Society of Bihar has established the “Bihar Institute of Law” (BIL) in January 1984. The Society was established by senior and renowned members of Patna High Court Bar for imparting quality education in law in the state of Bihar. The main objective of the society was to establish the Bihar Institute of Law to impart quality multi-dimensional legal education. Its objective was to prepare students for the diverse world of litigation, law, corporate firms and research as well as to fulfill the legal expectation of people of Bihar by reaching out to them through free legal counseling and legal aid. The Institute is affiliated and recognized by the Magadh University under whose jurisdiction the Institute imparts LL.B. three year and five year degree courses. The Bar Council of India has been granting affiliation to this Institute from 1984 onwards. After getting affiliation of the same from Bar Council of India, New Delhi, for students who want to choose their career in legal profession from the very beginning
The Institute is managed by a committee of its own, consisting of members of Bihar Law Society also. The Governing Body consists of the President Sri Nitin Navin who is the local MLA. The Secretary of the Governing Body Sri Keshav Shrivastava is a Senior Advocate of the Patna High Court and was member of the State Bar Council for the about last 25 years. The other members of the Governing Body are, one member from nominated by District Magistrate, one member from Magadh University, Teacher’s Representative of the college, one member from society (Donor), Principal (Ex-Officio)
A five-year full-time integrated programme in Law offered by this Institute with the approval of Bar Council of India (BCI).
|BA LLB Integrated Course
Faculty & Staff
Dr. (Mrs.) Amrita acting as current Principal with LL.M., PhD (Law) degree, and Sri Arun Srivastava, Director (Academic) takes the level of Bihar Institute of Law to maximum heights. All the faculties in campus are highly educated and with a vision their mind to shape the students future. There have been great alumni network that has graduated from this Institute.
Bihar Institute of Law, Patna Admission Process
- Strictly, in order of the merit list drawn based on the performance of the candidate in the BILAT Entrance exam.
- Entrance Test However, every candidate must secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance test hi order to get admission in LL.B, and B.A. LL.B.
- In case of equal marks obtained by two or more candidates in the entrance test the candidate, obtained higher marks in graduation shall be admitted.
- In case of equal marks obtained in entrance test & Graduation marks by the two or more candidates the candidate having higher age to be admitted on the seat
- Students have to pay INR 1,100/- for an admission pack
- Admission to LL.B. and B.A. LL.B. shall be open to candidates, having Inter, Bachelor's degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering or any recognised University with at least 45 % marks considers any other discipline from a recognised Board/University and or possessing such academic qualification as.
- Appearing candidates in final year Bachelors Examination arc also eligible to apply for the Entrance test subject to the condition that their examination results of Bachelor’s Degree must be declared before the date of admission to LL.B. and B.A. LL.B.
- The appearing candidate must appear with their final year mark sheet before the admission.
- Admission on the merit of the entrance test. Admission for the new session is going on. Each part consists of 60 seats having 2 sections
- For admission to UG Law programmes, there is no age bar.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.