Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is one the leading law schools in India. Established in the year 1993, BILS has its affiliation from Karnataka State Law University, Hubli and has the approval of Bar Council of India. Since its foundation, the institute has been providing professional and world-class legal education. The institute is also recognized as a centre of excellence as students from different parts of the nation take admission in its law programmes in different departments. However, the institute focuses on the development of its students and enables them to become skilled legal professionals that contribute in the upliftment of the society.
Mentioned below are the details about the law programmes offered by BILS.
Faculty & Staff
The faculty at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is highly qualified and experienced. They follow unique teaching pedagogies which are designed such to prepare its graduates in different law subjects. The teachers have thorough knowledge about their subject matters. Also, the guest lecturers include eminent personalities from the Judicial System and academicians from top law colleges in the world. The college focuses on the holistic development of its graduates.
- Admission to the course shall be made strictly on the basis of the merit taking into account total marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Provided that while making admission to the course reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka governing admission to higher educational Institutions issued from time to time shall be applied.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Candidate who have obtained their 10+2 certificate from correspondence or distance re also eligible for admissions.
- Candidates shall also meet the minimum percentage criteria –45% marks for General Students (44.5 or above shall be considered 45) and 40% marks for SC/ST Students (39.5 or above shall be considered 40).
- The upper age limit for admissions in General category is 20 years and 22 years in the case of applicants from SC/ST/OBC category as on 1st June in the year of appearing.
For more information regarding admissions, download the brochure from the link below.