In 17 years duration i.e. from 2000 to 2017, on an average, tourists visiting India was around 5 million. Every year the International Tourists Arrival is on a sharp rise.
Working in a hotel industry in the upcoming time is going to be a lucrative profession for sure.
It is an exciting profession but at the same time, it is demanding as well. Aspirants who wish to pursue the hotel management course should be social and good in communication skills. Once in the industry, one must be prepared to work for long hours.
The various posts that one can work in, range from being a Hotel Manager to a Trainee. Lobby Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Waiter, Bell-boy, Housekeeping, Sous- Chef, Front Office Manager, are among the few profiles of the hotel industry.
HM aspirants can seek a job in the various reputed hotels and the hospitality industry, after pursuing a degree from a reputed institution or college.
Some of the courses one can consider to take if they wish to make a career in the hotel industry are listed below.
- B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BA in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Master's In Hotel Management (M.Sc.)
- Master in Marketing, Tourism Marketing and Hotel Revenue Management
- Master's in Hotel Management and Catering
- Master's in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Master of International Hotel Management
- Postgraduate in Hospitality Management
- Master's in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Executive Master in Management of Hotel Companies
- Master's in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Must read other NCHMCT articles