The field of Mass Communication offers innumerable exciting career opportunities. Along with this it is one field which also helps in the development and Empowerment of the society. Doing mass Communication courses after +2 will help you get into any of these lucrative job role like: Anchor, news editor, resident editor, Journalist, reporter, photo journalist/cameraman, producer, script writer, copywriter, etc.
If you have passed 10+2 in any stream, you can apply for a 3-year degree course in journalism. Usually the name given to the course is Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC). In certain colleges/institutions it is also called BA (Journalism) or BSc (Journalism). Though the name may vary, the basic course content remains more or less the same. The 3-year BJMC course basically makes you skilled for all types of media careers -- print, television, online, advertising, public relations, etc.
Following are the details of the various entrance exams for graduate courses in Mass Communication:
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for admissions into various UG and PG courses including the BJMC course.
- Date of the exam : 29th April 2017
- Eligibility For UG courses, candidates have to pass their 10+2 equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode). The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern. Candidates are required to use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in total 150 questions for all programs (except B.Tech. Biotechnology).
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be objective type and each question will carry four marks for each correct response.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two and a half hours (for B.Tech. Biotechnology, three hours exam duration).
- Language: The question paper language will be English.
Check the link of the official website for further information: www.ipu.ac.in
Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC) has been ranked as one of the best institutes for Mass Communication. They conduct SET exam for admissions into their Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) Programme. The course has 120 Seats.
- Date of Exam: 06th May 2017
- Eligibility: Students having completed 10+2 (or 10+3 Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education) in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / University with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate, or equivalent grades, are eligible to seek admission. Applicants expecting their 12th results may also apply. It is incumbent upon them to furnish proof of securing a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate, or equivalent grades, at the time of the second round of admission.
- Mode: The SET is an Offline Objective test.
- Negative Marking: Each question presents four options as answers and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Duration: The duration for SET is 150 minutes.
- Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|4.||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
Manipal University conducts the MU-OET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test) for admissions into its various UG and PG programs. One prominent program for students interested in the field of Mass Communications is B.A Media and Communication. The details of this entrance exam are as follows:
- Date of Exam: The MU-OET will be held on 23, 30 April, 2 May and 7 May 2017. Candidates can select the test schedule of their choice in the Online Test Booking System on the official website of the university.
- Eligibility: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent and a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. Arts group subjects are preferred. There is no minimum age requirement.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Exam Pattern: There will be one question paper of multiple choice questions (MCQ), of the objective. The exam will be of total 100 marks. The different sections of the test will be Numeracy (20), Conceptual (25), General English (20), General Awareness (20), and Case Study (15).
Check the link of the official website for further information: manipal.edu