Students after qualifying class 12th exams get enrolled for different academic programmes depending upon their area of interest. A course that is gaining importance is Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Business Studies. If continued further it can be leveraged to an MBA and then converted to a lucrative career. There are many excellent colleges and universities imparting education in the undergraduate management courses such as Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), and Bachelor in Financial Management (BFM) etc.
In some of the top management institutions, there is an entrance gateway for the most pursued undergraduate management course, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). For example:-
- SET BBA- Symbiosis Entrance Test for BBA is a standard test conducted by Symbiosis International University for admissions to its BBA programme.
- IPU CET for BBA- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is a university level entrance test conducted for admission to the undergraduate programme in management.
- AIMA UGAT- Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a national level examination conducted annually by All India Management Association (AIMA) offering admissions to the BBA course.
- Christ University BBA entrance exam (CUET)- Christ University conducts the BBA entrance exam in 2 slots for the admission to its BBA course.
- NMIMS- NPAT - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is one of the most reputed institutes for management courses. NMIMS offers BBA in Branding and Advertising at the Mumbai campus which paves a way for a successful entry- level managerial positions in the corporate sector.
- IIM – (IPMAT) - IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak has a Five year Integrated Course in Management for which students have to clear one of most difficult entrance exams.
- DUJAT- To study management at graduation from Delhi University, students have to clear DU-JAT. If you wish to pursue BMS/ BBA (FIA) from Delhi University then prepare for DU JAT exam.
Candidates should be aware of the eligibility criteria before filling forms for major BBA entrance exams conducted by top colleges and universities.
BBA Eligibility Criteria to be noted:
- Candidates should have passed the 10+2 exams from a recognised education board by the university to which they are applying.
- The general category aspirants should have scored a minimum of 50% marks as an eligibility condition for the BBA entrance exam while the SC/ST candidates should have a score of 45% at least.
- Those students who have passed the 10+2 exams and the students with their 10+2 results awaited are also eligible for the BBA entrance exam.
- NRI students who have passed their 10+2 exams or equivalent from foreign nations and are recognisable in India are also eligible for the BBA entrance exam.
- For most of the colleges, the upper age limit for the BBA should not be more than 20 years, and for the reserved category, it is relaxed by 2 years. However, in some of the BBA colleges, no upper age limit is defined.
Checking the BBA eligibility criteria is beneficial for the aspirants for filling the BBA application form correctly and knowing if they can appear for the most prestigious BBA entrance exams of the country. For students appearing for NMIMS- NPAT, it is mandatory that students read the eligibility criteria very carefully. Kindly note that students should have scored a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks in class 12th for
being eligible for BBA course. Maximum age limit is 25 years for enrolment to graduation courses in NMIMS. Therefore, it is recommended that student should visit official website of top BBA colleges and read information related to eligibility criteria.
Hope that the above information on BBA eligibility helps aspirant know if they meet the norms to apply for the BBA entrance exams, we wish them all the best.