The inception of Tinsukia College in the year 1956 was the result of the strenuous efforts of Late B. K. Saraswatji who mobilized all required resources with the help of like minded citizens of Tinsukia, a part of the then Lakhimpur District to give rise to this great institution. The college started as an Arts College initially at intermediate level but in the very next year Commerce stream was introduced. In 1957 itself the college was upgraded to Degree level. The year 1964 has a special significance in the annals of Tinsukia College when Science stream was also added making it a full-fledged Degree college. Besides all this it provides professional degree courses like BBA, BCA. It provides excellent placement opportunities to the students.
Tinsukia College has state of art infrastructure. The campus is urban. It provides various facilities like, Libraries, Hostels, ATMs, Security, Spacious Classrooms and food joints.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty at Tinsukia College is experienced, highly professional and proficient. They are motivated to make the students into successful professionals. They want that students at the college should be aware of Assamese culture and language, so, they put in extra efforts to make them learn that and want their students to become highly qualified managers and grow personally as well.
- Admissions at Tinsukia College are conducted based based on the entrance test of the college.
- The college accepts National Level Common Admission Test for UG and PG courses.
- For admission to UG Management programmes, there is no age bar.
- Aspirants seeking admissions to UG programmes 10+2 with 45 % (40% for SC & ST)
- Admission will be provided based on the aggregate average marks of 10+2 and entrance score.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.