Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University in Assam is established under the provision of KKHSOU act 2005, enacted by the government of Assam.The University was established with the purpose of promoting education to reach the unreached through the Open and Distance Learning System, with the motto of the University ‘Education Beyond Barriers’ of age, academic background and geographical boundaries. It provides UG, PG, Doctoral Degrees in different streams like, Arts, Commerce, Management, Journalism, Mass Communication, Human Resources etc. it also provides diploma courses in Computer Hardware, Creative Writing, library and information science and Sanskrit Learning. To create entrepreneurs in the vocational areas, the university has taken a step to make the learners trained in the specialized areas by introducing Certificate programmes in Nursery Management, Tea Cultivation and Plantation Management, Security Personnel and Counselling Skills.
Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open, Assam has an active placement cell that invites highly reputed firms to participate in campus recruitments. It has an excellent campus with state of art infrastructure. It has hostel facilities, hi-tech libraries, and playgrounds, ATM facilities, WI- FI and much more.
Faculty & Staff
The faculties at Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University are highly qualified and professional. They are from dignified colleges. They know their job very well and create a friendly and sincere study environment.
- Admissions at Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University are conducted based on the entrance test of the college.
- The college accepts National Level Common Admission Test for UG and PG courses.
- For admission to UG Management programmes, there is no age bar.
- Aspirants seeking admissions to UG programmes 10+2 with 45 % (40% for SC & ST)
- Admission will be provided based on the aggregate average marks of 10+2 and entrance score.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.