Jamshedpur Women’s College was built in 1953 and has been awarded ‘A’ grade by the NAAC. It is approved by the UGC and is located over a large area of 6 acres. Currently, it is a constituent autonomous college of Kolhan University and is committed to working for the upliftment of women in the state of Jharkhand.
JWC has a remarkable infrastructure with a well-built information centre which provides all the necessary information regarding the college and its procedures; a resourceful library and book bank; two hostels with all the required facilities like TV, Internet, Newspaper, Magazine, etc. and accommodation for 150 girls. Plenty of games, archery, volleyball, cricket, basketball, kabaddi, karate, Kho-Kho, table tennis are facilitated by the college. A canteen, catering to the hunger pangs and offering quality refreshment time is also available in the college campus itself. Apart from this, other modern aids for studying and teaching along with a 24*7 Wi-Fi facility are also provided in all departments and classes.
The college offers education in all three faculties of science, commerce and art at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, thus building a highly competitive and academic environment. The college has also launched several vocational and add-on courses and is very active NCC, NSS, Eco Club, Rotaract Club and many more such activities. BBA is offered under the vocational add-on course category.
Faculty & Staff
The faculty of the college is highly qualified and labours for the betterment of students with dedication and industry. The placement records of the students in many multinational companies have been on the sunny side from past many years.
- Admission is granted on merit basis along with which an entrance test may also be conducted by the college.
- The candidate is required to fill an online application form and submit it with the fees mentioned by the college in its prospectus.
- After securing admission, the student cannot change the chosen subjects.
- The student is supposed to complete his/her intermediate level with a minimum of 45% in the concerned subject.
- Entrance test may be conducted for selection in some subjects.