Top law colleges in Madurai consist of one private and one government Law College. Government Law College, Madurai is the only government college in Madurai and one of the oldest of the seven government law colleges in Tamil Nadu. Also referred to as Madurai Law College, it was established in 1979. It is administrated by the Tamil Nadu Government Department of Legal Studies and is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University. The college is approved by UGC and the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. Accredited ‘A+’ grade by the NAAC, it aims to provide quality law education and promote legal awareness among the community.
Being situated in the vicinity of the District Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court grants it bonus points as it has proven to be advantageous for the students. One of the best law colleges in Madurai, Government Law College offers a great learning environment to students. Government Law College excels at the infrastructural level as it has spacious classrooms, a well-stocked library, moot courtrooms, fitting medical services and a cafeteria. One of the best law colleges in Madurai, Government Law College provides opportunities in sports and NSS programmes as well. Inter-college competitions are also organized by the institute thus instilling a competitive spirit in the students. Best college in Madurai to pursue law, Government Law College offers -law courses at under-graduate and post- graduate levels. At the UG Level, it provides a 5 Year integrated law programme. Students have to pay fees either annually or at the start of each semester, as declared by the college authorities.
|Bachelor of Law Sciences
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff of the college are imparted training at various levels so that they remain up to date. Best college to study law in Madurai is Government Law College where everybody works for a sole purpose, that is to provide quality legal education to students. Some of the notable alumni of the college are C.V. Shanmugam, R.B. Udhaya Kumar, S. Gokula Indira, Devakotti Ramanathan and Andimuthu Raja.
- The applicants are strictly selected on the basis of merit through counselling. For admission processes, the college follows guidelines provided by The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University’s website.
- The candidate must fulfil other requirements as mentioned in the eligibility section.
- Students belonging to a particular category can find relief in percentage cut-off to some extent.
- Important information regarding admission process, selection criteria has to be read carefully by students keen to pursue law from Government Law College, Madurai.
- The candidates must have qualified 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 45% of marks (40% for SC/ST).
- There is no age limit.
For more information, login and download the brochure from the link below.