The CLAT 2024-2025 registration and application process is expected to begin from July 2024 and will be conducted online. The candidates will be required to register on the official CLAT website, complete the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit the application fee to complete the application process tentatively by November 2024.
CLAT is conducted by the Consortium of NLUs and is a national-level exam for admission to a five-year integrated program in law. All NLUs except NLU Delhi accept the CLAT score. Aspiring candidates keen to have a career in law attempt CLAT to get admission to prestigious law universities in India.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or appearing for the same are eligible to apply for the same. For more information regarding the eligibility requirements of CLAT, you can read it here
. Also, read more about the steps to register for CLAT 2024-2025.
CLAT 2024-2025 Registration - Important Points:
- Application forms for CLAT 2024-2025 will have to be filled online.consortiumofnlus.ac.in, once released.
- The candidates are required to register themselves by creating a login account using an email ID or a personal mobile number.
- The candidate needs to fill out the form very carefully. The spelling of the student's name and other relevant details must be filled with due care. The student could be disqualified if there is any alteration found.
- However, candidate must submit their applications on time. Applications shall not be considered after the last date
- The candidate is required to fill in his preference order for all participating NLUs at the time of application only. Subsequent changes in the preference order shall not be allowed.
- The candidates are required to upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at suitable places in the online application form. Any hard copy of the filled-in Online Application form or other supporting documents need not be sent to the CLAT office.
- If the students wish to have the CLAT previous year question papers, they will have to fill the same in the examination form and be charged extra.
CLAT 2024-2025 Application Form - Important Points:
The CLAT aspirant has to keep in mind important points while filling CLAT 2024-2025 application form:-
- Valid Email Id – Students should have an email id that can be used for the registration process for the CLAT exam.
- Personal mobile number – This is extremely important as the login id, and password for login will only be sent to the student's mobile number.
- Scanned Images – Students need to scan the photograph along with the signature. The student will have to upload these scanned copies during the CLAT 2024-2025 application process.
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet Details – Candidates will also have to provide the details of Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet details during the application process of CLAT 2024-2025. Therefore, keep the information handy.
- Valid Identity Proof – Students should have documents like a PAN card, Aadhaar card, driving license, passport etc., to furnish details regarding their identity.
- Miscellaneous documents – For instance, students applying for CLAT 2024-2025 under a reserved category should keep a scanned copy of the supporting documents ready to make the process easy and less time-consuming.
CLAT 2024-2025 Application Fee
Mode of Payment
Candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/BPL category
- Firstly, the bank transaction charges have to be borne by the students themselves.
- Secondly, students should be made aware that the Application Fees for the courses mentioned above are non-refundable.
- If students intend to buy previous years' CLAT question papers, then an additional Rs.500/- is to be paid.
CLAT 2024-2025 Admission - Important Points:
- Admission will be made based on merit cum preference basis, which means that admissions into the participating institutes will be made based on the CLAT score of an aspirant and the preferences made by him/her.
- Indicative List will be published first based on merit cum preference. It will be available on the official website.
- Publication of the second list will be followed by the third list allotting seats to the candidates.
- General category Candidates will be required to pay Rs. 30,000/- to reserve the seat, while SC/ ST/ OBC/ BC/ EWS/ PWD (Based on the All India Category) will be required to pay Rs. 20,000/-.
- Preferences should be filled out (at least five of the available slots should be used).
- Only students who have registered for Counselling will have their applications taken into consideration (All NLUs are required to verify the candidate's documents and accept the candidate only after they have received the fee at their end). Please update the details online to reflect either 'Accepted' or 'Not Accepted' along with the reasons.)If a candidate does not receive a seat following the release of Five Lists by the Consortium, the full amount paid by the candidate (either 30,000 or 20,000) will be refunded to them without any deductions being taken out of the total.
- If a candidate decides to withdraw from the counselling procedure OR does not accept any of the seats that were offered in any of the first Four Lists that were notified by the Consortium, the candidate will receive a refund in the amount of either 30,000 or 20,000.
- If a candidate decides to withdraw after the fourth list, the Consortium will deduct Rs. 5,000/- (Rs. Five Thousand Only) from the Counselling fee. This is a penalty for blocking the seat and putting the candidates who are waiting in the queue at a disadvantage.
- If it is found that a candidate is not eligible on the basis of the documents or information that they have provided, a sum equal to Rs. 5,000 will be deducted, and the remaining amount will be refunded.
Aspirants are advised to visit www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in
for further information relating to CLAT 2024-2025 admissions and counselling.
Q: When will the CLAT 2024-2025 application form be released?
The online application form for CLAT 2024-2025 is expected to be released in July 2024. The application form for CLAT 2024-2025 is available at consortiumofnlus. ac. in, and candidates need to fill out a single application form for all participating NLUs.
Q: How much is the CLAT 2024-2025 application fee?
The application fee for the CLAT exam varies based on a candidate's category. The application fee for General/OBC/PWD/PIO/OCI/NRI is INR 4,000, while the application fee for SC/ST/BPL is INR 3,500. Candidates who wish to obtain CLAT question papers from prior years must pay an additional INR 500 to the exam administration. Other than the CLAT application fee and the cost of the question paper bundle, candidates are not required to pay any other fees.
Q: Can I fill out the CLAT application in phases?
Yes, the CLAT application form can be completed in phases. Each section of the CLAT application form will include a "Save" button that candidates can use to save their information.
Q: What should I do if I forget my CLAT Login password?
If you forget your CLAT login password, you can easily retrieve it by clicking the 'Forgot Password' link at the bottom of the login window. For recovering a forgotten password or resetting a login account, the exam administration will request your registered mobile number and email address and then send you a one-time password. You must enter this OTP to recover your account by clicking on the 'Reset Account' button, and then you must create a new password for the CLAT application login.
Q: Is the application form for CLAT 2024-2025 the same for all courses?
The application form for both undergraduate and graduate programmes is identical. You can choose your desired course when submitting the application form.