a. What is NPAT?
NPAT (NMIMS Programs After Twelfth) is the official entrance test for admissions to Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs being offered by various Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) campuses at Mumbai, Bengaluru, Indore, Navi Mumbai and Shirpur.
b. Who can all take the test?
The general eligibility requirements for giving the NPAT exam have been listed below:
- Aggregate marks of 60% in 10+2 equivalent examination
- Mathematics/ Statistics exam cleared at 10+2 or equivalent exam
- The eligibility of candidates holding IB Diploma will depend on whether they have Mathematics/ Statistics at standard level
- CBSE and ICSE board candidates need to mention 10th standard marks of all the subjects (best of 4 or 5 subjects shall not be considered)
- Maximum age at the time of application is 25 years
- Aspirants who have passed 12th equivalent examination from Open or Distance learning may also apply, provided their school is recognised by the National Institute of Open Schooling.
- Candidates who have not been able to clear 10+2 in their first attempt are not eligible
There are also different eligibility criteria for seperate courses:
For B.Tech and MBA (Tech):
- Students should have passed Class XII or equivalent exam with English as a subject.
- The aspirant with IB Diploma is eligible only if he/she has offered Mathematics at the 10th+2 level.
- Their minimum score should be 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths in class 12 or equivalent for admission into Mumbai campus.
- Aspirants should have a minimum 45% score in Physics, Chemistry and Maths in grade 12th or equivalent for getting into the NMIMS Shirpur campus.
- Candidates who have cleared Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 50% can also apply for the test.
- Candidates passing 10+2 or equivalent exam from Open or Distance Learning School documented only by National Institute of Open Schooling may apply for the program, subject to fulfilling the suitability of the program.
- Candidates appearing for class 12th examination in 2019 can also apply for NPAT 2019.
For MBA Pharma Tech (B. Pharm + MBA):
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam plus Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a required subject.
- Candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in PCM/PCB to be eligible to apply for NPAT 2019.
For B.Sc. Economics:
- An aspirant should have passed the higher secondary or equivalent exam with minimum 60% marks in the first attempt.
- They are required to have passed Mathematics in Class XIIth.
For B.Sc. Finance / B.Com (Hons.) / B.B.A:
- A candidate should have passed 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first attempt including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- Candidates should have passed Mathematics / Statistics subject in 12th or equivalent to be eligible to apply for the exam in 2019.
c. What courses does the NPAT test cover?
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Finance
Integrated Degree Programs:
1. MBA Tech. (B.Tech. + MBA Tech.)
2. MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA)
Note: There is an additional design focused paper for aspirants who opt for the Bachelor of Design stream. Also, starting from 2019, the pattern and syllabus of the NPAT exam for B.Tech. and MBA Tech. programs will differ from the common NPAT. The design would shift from a SAT pattern (testing Quantitative Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence and Proficiency in the English Language) to a PCM model (based on physics, chemistry and mathematics of twelfth standard level plus some questions on language proficiency and logical intelligence).
d. How to Register
Aspirants can register for the exam online, by following the process mentioned below:
- Go to the website www.npat.in
- Click on NPAT
- Click on Register and create your account. (keep your 10th class Roll Number handy)
- Go to your mailbox and verify
- Log in with your username and password and complete your application form.
- Make an online payment of the registration fee
e. NPAT Result
The NPAT result is put up on the website for options of design, pharmacy, economics, liberal arts, commerce and engineering. The various merit lists are put up on the website for these courses as the admission process commences. After the merit list declaration the successful candidates have to visit the college for counseling and then pay the admission fees if and when a seat is offered.