Delhi University will conduct the DU LLB 2019 exam in the month of June, 2019. The DU LLB 2019 Entrance Exam will be conducted for admissions to the three-year law program run by the Faculty of Law at the Delhi University. The Delhi University will be releasing the notification for the DU LLB Entrance Exam 2019 towards the end of April. Aspirants can check below detailed information of Delhi University (DU) LLB 2019 Entrance Exam including exam date, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result and counseling process.
DU LLB 2019: Quick Facts
|Name of the Examination
||Faculty of Law, Delhi University Law Entrance Test
|Level of Difficulty
||Moderate to Difficult
|Mode of Examination
DU LLB 2019: Total Seats
The faculty of law has three centers under it:
||Seat Distribution Scheme
|Campus Law Centre
||It is located within the main campus of Chattra Marg
- Physically Handicapped-15
- Armed Forces Personnel- 25
- Foreign Nationals-5
|Law Centre No. 1
||It is located in Morris Nagar
- Physically Handicapped-18
- Armed Forces Personnel-30
- Foreign Nationals-6
|Law Centre No. 2
||It is located within the building of Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam at Dhaula Kuan
- Physically Handicapped-12
- Armed Forces Personnel- 20
- Foreign Nationals-4
DU LLB 2019: Eligibility
- Any person with at least a Graduate / Post Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi Or
- Any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate, 40% marks for the OBC, 40% marks for the SC/ST is eligible to appear in the entrance examination but he/she
- Should not be less than 21 years of age and there is no upper age limit.
DU LLB 2019: Exam Pattern
|Weightage of marks
||Every correct answer carries 4 marks
||2 hours (120 minutes)
||Every wrong answer results in the deduction of 1 mark
DU LLB 2019: Syllabus
DU LLB 2019 Entrance Exam shall have one paper comprising Objective Type Questions from the following sections:
- English Language and Comprehension- including reading comprehension, idioms and phrases, antonyms, synonyms, one word substitute, jumbled sentences, odd one out etc.
- Current Affairs- mostly from the past one year.
- General Knowledge- covering history, geography, economics, literature, science, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude- includes preliminary maths (up to 10th standard). Questions from Speed and distance, Profit/Loss, Average, Ratio are the most frequently asked.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning- questions are based on data and usage. Coding- decoding, relations, directions, make a meaningful word from jumbled words are other important areas.
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude- Current legal knowledge, questions based on Principle and Reasoning, Constitution (fundamental rights and duties, powers of President, Vice-President, Governor and Prime Minister, Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha), headquarters of famous organizations across the world, basics of criminal and civil law, Law of tort.
DU LLB 2019: Important Dates
|Notification of the Exam
||By the second week of May
|Online Registration begins
||May 18, 2019
|Last date to apply for DU LLB
||June 7, 2019
|Issuance of admit cards
||June 14, 2019
|DU LLB Entrance Examination(offline)
||June 18, 2019
|Availability of the provisional answer key
||By the first week of July
|Filing of objections on the answer key
|Release of the final answer key
|Declaration of result
||July 4, 2019
|Release of Merit list
||During the month of July
||During the third and last week of July
Must Read Articles on LLB