Choosing a career path after +2 is a decision that boggles the mind of every student. Where more conventional choices like medicine and engineering are taking a backseat, BBA and BBM are becoming increasingly popular choices.
A formal education in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) provides a strong foundation in core business disciplines. The students acquire key competencies of business management needed at an undergraduate level across diverse fields. It also lays a good foundation for future job, educational or entrepreneurial prospects.
This article aims to discuss the various aspects of an undergraduate education in BBA and why you should choose it as a career path. Following are some of the things that an education in BBA provides you with:
- The diverse Learning: The coursework in BBA teaches the basics of a plethora of fields like Business Law, Marketing management, Operations management, economics, business ethics, taxation, strategic management, entrepreneurship and so on.
- Overall grooming of students: There is also development of the student's practical, managerial skills, communication skills, and business decision-making capability. Many programs incorporate training and practical experience, in the form of case projects, presentations, internships, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry.
- Multiple paths for higher education or specialization: After such a varied exposure, the students are able to gauge in which field they want to pursue a job or get further education in, with respect to their interests and strengths. One of the most popular courses opted by students after BBA is MBA (Master of Business Administration) for which, the country has various renowned institutes like the IIMs, XLRI, FMS and many more.
- Variety of job prospects: BBA graduates can opt for a wide range of career options. For instance, BBA graduates have the opportunity to work with the top MNCs in the country, such as HUL, Asian Paints, ITC, HDFC Bank, HSBC Bank and many more. The placements of BBA graduates range from 5 to 12 lacs p.a.
- High Return on Investment (ROI): Most of the institutes offering an undergraduate degree in BBA/BBM have an educational fee which is minimal when compared to institutes offering a degree in engineering or medicine. Also, it is a 3 year program, which gives you ample time after graduation to pursue a job or a post graduation or both.
Exposure and training focused in management early on in their careers, helps the students gear up for the real world and corporate problems. The field opens up a wide arena of choices for the future leaders and next generation managers. This is definitely one of the strong potential career choices that every +2 student should consider.