Set up in the year 1982 by the Government of India, National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body for the continuous and integrated growth and advancement of the hospitality education in the country. The registered office is located at Pusa, New Delhi. There are 21 Central Government and State Government sponsored Institutes of Hotel Management, 15 Private Institutes and 7 Food Craft Institutes that impart quality Hospitality Education and Training in different parts of the country. The academic activities of these institutions are administered by the Council itself.
Every year NCHMCT conducts a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for admission of the aspirants to the various under- graduate and post graduate courses like B.Sc. in Hospital and Hotel Administration program. Other professional programs include award of Certificate, Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma. The Council in collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers the B.Sc. and M.Sc. programs.
Read further for complete information and details regarding notification, important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and application form of NCHMCT-JEE 2017. The notification of NHMCT-JEE 2017 is out and is available on the official website nchm.nic.in
||12th December 2016 to 14th April, 2017
|Sale of Application Forms Offline
||19th December 2016 to 14th April, 2017
|Last Date for receipt of Applications
||14th April, 2017
|Download of Admit Card
||19th April, 2017 to 29th April, 2017
|Date of JEE Written Examination
||29th April, 2017 (10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
|Declaration of Result
||Third Week of May, 2017
|Counseling Begins From
||Last Week of May 2017 and First Week of June 2017
|Academic Session Begins From
||17th July, 2017
Note: The merit list is solely prepared on the basis of marks secured in JEE written test and no further GD or Interviews will be conducted for the admission procedure.
Eligibility Criteria- NCHMCT-JEE 2017
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- You should have passed senior secondary school (10+2) with English as a core/ compulsory subject from any state or national board of education.
- The Upper Age Limit for GEN/ OBC/ PH aspirants is 22 years as on July 1, 2017 and 25 years for SC/ ST candidates on the same date.
- Reservation of Seats:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) Category in Central and State IHMs- 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) Category in Central and State IHMs- 7.5%
- OBC ( Central List- Non- Creamy Layer) Category in Central IHMs- 27%
- Reservation for Differently Abled (D.A.) across board as per rules- 3%
|Total no. of Questions
||BSC. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude,
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction,
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs,
- English Language
- Aptitude for Service Sector.
||1 mark for every correct and 0.25 mark to be deducted for every wrong answer in the topics except Aptitude for Service Sector. Graded marks will be awarded for Aptitude for Service Sector; the most appropriate answer carries 1 mark, next best alternative 0.75 marks, and then 0.50 marks. There is a negative marking for 0.25 marks for the inappropriate answer.
||3 hours (10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
||Bilingual: English and Hindi
Division of total number of questions to various sections of the test:
||No. of Questions
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs
|Aptitude for Service Sector
Application Form- NCHMCT-JEE 2017
You can fill the application form of NCHM-JEE 2017 in both online and offline mode. Also, it can be obtained from the designated institutes mentioned by the exam conducting authority. The application fee can also be remitted in online and offline mode. Given below are the steps to apply for NCHM-JEE 2017 in online form-
- Click on official link of NCHM-JEE application form.
- Register with valid e-mail id and password for NCHM-JEE 2017.
- Remit the application fee for NCHM-JEE 2017 before proceeding to fill in the application form.
- Fill in the NCHM-JEE 2017 application form including personal details, academic qualification, and other required information.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and Signature.
- Finally, submit the application form of NCHM-JEE 2017 and get print out for future references.