The Banaras Hindu University conducts the Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET), for admissions to the LL.B (Hons.) during the 3rd or 4th week of May every year. The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is conducting Banaras Hindu University-Law Entrance Test (BHU-LL.B) on 31st May, 2017. BHU-LL.B 2017 will be conducted for admissions to the three year law program. Banaras Hindu University offers 230 seats through BHU-LL.B 2017.
Important Dates- BHU-LL.B 2017
|Release of Notification
||1st February, 2017
|Commencement of Online Application
||2nd February, 2017
|Last date of Online Application
||4th March, 2017
|Availability of admit cards
||24th April, 2017
|Date of Examination
||31st May, 2017
|Release of Answer Key
||7th June, 2017
|Declaration of Result
||By the second week of June, 2017
|Release of Merit List
||By the third week of June, 2017
|Commencement of Counseling
||By the first week of July, 2017
Exam Pattern- BHU-LL.B 2017
|Mode of Examination
||2 Hours (120 mins)
|Type of Questions
Current Affairs and General Awareness
Mental Ability and Aptitude
||3 marks for every correct answer
||Yes. One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Distribution of seats – BHU-LL.B 2017
Total numbers of seats being offered under BHU-LL.B 2017 are 230.
Eligibility-BHU LL.B 2017
- The candidate should have passed B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (at least 10+2+3 pattern) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final degree.
- The candidate should have passed any other degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of admission to LL.B course securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years.
*As per the directive of the Bar Council of India, the candidates who have obtained 10+2 or Graduation/Post Graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in law courses.
- For the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category, there is no minimum aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examination except that they must have passed the qualifying examination.
- For the candidates belonging to the OBC category, there will be a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
Admission Process - BHU-LL.B 2017
- BHU-LL.B 2017 result is expected to be declared by the second week of June, 2017.The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the result. Candidates will be selected on the basis of this merit list.
- The candidate will be informed his/her marks, the order in the overall merit and other relevant information via mail and SMS. BHU releases the official answer key for a candidate’s ready reference.
- BHU does not provide for the re-evaluation of the result or the investigation of answer sheets under any condition. No query regarding the same shall be entertained.
- Admissions will be based solely on merit in the entrance exam.